Building off of a savage action

Most of my little "herd of 6.5'' use Savage actions. Just for good measure I have at least one of each basic style. The only thing I'm missing is a stainless LA.

My 6.5''...6.5 Creedmoor (CM short), 6.5X285 (Axis) and 264wm (CM long)

My 300wsm is in a Stainless short action and I have one Axis action sitting in the safe waiting to be made into something cool!

All are in replacement stocks and have varie trigger upgrades. None have the original barrels.

Don' have a current picture of the 300wsm...post new ss fluted-heavier and longer barrel, I still have not taken it to the range!

2018-03-16 23.20.58.jpg

I guess everyone has already seen the "Her's and His 6.5's"...

IMG-20171111-WA0000.jpg

Here the little women has the 264wm...a few minutes later she took her first ever shot while hunting. 307yds on a big 8pt...never to a step!

Most of my little "herd of 6.5'' use Savage actions. Just for good measure I have at least one of each basic style. The only thing I'm missing is a stainless LA.

My 6.5''...6.5 Creedmoor (CM short), 6.5X285 (Axis) and 264wm (CM long)

My 300wsm is in a Stainless short action and I have one Axis action sitting in the safe waiting to be made into something cool!

All are in replacement stocks and have varie trigger upgrades. None have the original barrels.

Don' have a current picture of the 300wsm...post new ss fluted-heavier and longer barrel, I still have not taken it to the range!

View attachment 97160
I guess everyone has already seen the "Her's and His 6.5's"...

View attachment 97167

Here the little women has the 264wm...a few minutes later she took her first ever shot while hunting. 307yds on a big 8pt...never to a step!

Yup, I've admired those zombie greens before, both are sweeeet!
Congrats to the little woman's shot on the big eight as well.
It's all good!

Here's the new one I've been working with the 135 Berger's and RL26. Just finished Devcon bedding it yesterday. Be interesting to see.how she shoots on Monday...

6.5 Creedmoor
Boyd's stock from a factory Savage 12 Varmint rifle
Shilen 24" magnum contour. Rachet rifling
Action from one of the Cabela's specials
Vortex HS-T 4-16x44 with Leupold PRM rings

Last 3 rounds and group from the new 6.5 CM today. A 1/2" group at 200 yards with factory 120 AMax.
IMG_20180501_163328.jpg

Here is 7stw' "turd" Savage and his target.View attachment 97205

Well guys, here is what is the beginning of what will be my own little turd, of sorts. The rifle, has been painted, just so I could tolerate it until I can put a new handle on it. The base coat, is Rustoleum, multicolor, and the specs are black stone paint, sprayed back at a distance.
The target, is a group, five shot, using 175 sierras, and a throw together load with 4064.
Barrel cleans up well, dosent foul.
This is just the beginning, but I've learned a lot from this thread alone.
Special thanks to CaptnC for the pics, and courtesy!
View attachment 97206
I will let him fill in the details...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.