Budget build scope rings

Stadoc

Hello everyone,
I just picked up a Steyr PH2 in 223 with a 1-9 barrel twist on close out from PSA for my granddaughter . I am putting a Meopta 3x15x44 on it and would like some recommendations on a decent set of rings. It's basically going to be a plinker until she is ready for some hunting.I was thinking along the way of Warne but would like to see what you all recommend. My apologies if I placed this thread in the wrong forum, I have never posted one.
Thanks

Your choice is perfectly fine if that's what you want or have, opinions will be varied, I wouldn't feel I myself wouldn't feel handi capped by that choice, since this is a starter and not being familiar with the meopta, the only thing I will add and recommend is the scope should be eye relief friendly, meaning it should have plenty of eye relief and a wide field of view, that usually means something in a lower lower variable range 2x7 or 3x9, but you're choice may be perfect since I'm not familiar with that scope, as a plinker shooting needs to be easy and fun, enjoy you're time together

Hello everyone,
I just picked up a Steyr PH2 in 223 with a 1-9 barrel twist on close out from PSA for my granddaughter . I am putting a Meopta 3x15x44 on it and would like some recommendations on a decent set of rings. It's basically going to be a plinker until she is ready for some hunting.I was thinking along the way of Warne but would like to see what you all recommend. My apologies if I placed this thread in the wrong forum, I have never posted one.
Thanks
If your optic has a 30mm tube, then the SWFA rings are the most for the least, by far.

John

Soooo.....
You picked up a Steyr, are putting a Meopta scope on it, and you want a cheap mount & rings???:oops:

Step up some for some quality rings & mount. Even if you have to wait a couple weeks to come up with the money.

Warne rings, that you mentioned would be good!

Another option (and my go to) would be EGW.
www.egwguns.com
One of their one piece bases would allow you to move the scope for best eye relief for you and your grand daughter.
Team them up with their Keystone line of rings and you have a solid mounting system!

Helpful tip...
EGW's bases are kinda tall, but it allows you to use low rings.

Plus, order both at the same time and save 10%.

Soooo.....
You picked up a Steyr, are putting a Meopta scope on it, and you want a cheap mount & rings???:oops:

Step up some for some quality rings & mount. Even if you have to wait a couple weeks to come up with the money.

Warne rings, that you mentioned would be good!

Another option (and my go to) would be EGW.
www.egwguns.com
One of their one piece bases would allow you to move the scope for best eye relief for you and your grand daughter.
Team them up with their Keystone line of rings and you have a solid mounting system!

Helpful tip...
EGW's bases are kinda tall, but it allows you to use low rings.

Plus, order both at the same time and save 10%.
It is a low cost set up, palmetto state had them for 650, the optica 5 3x18x44 was 350. I picked up the Warne mtn. rings off off expertvoice for a great price. So overall it wasn't that bad. I meant lower cost rings(came with a factory rail), I just didn't want to drop over 125. But thanks for the recommendation,

It is a low cost set up, palmetto state had them for 650, the optica 5 3x18x44 was 350. I picked up the Warne mtn. rings off off expertvoice for a great price. So overall it wasn't that bad. I meant lower cost rings(came with a factory rail), I just didn't want to drop over 125. But thanks for the recommendation,
Wait!!!
Which reticle on the Optika5???
I've been waiting since July for that scope with the Z Plus reticle.

If Z Plus, where did you find it??