Budget scope rings....... (Flame suit on)

No, you usually can get your scope mounted lower if you skip the rail. Higher isn't always better. A lot depends on the shape of your face. If you don't have a horse face, lower is better.
Lol i figured that was the only advantage. For hunting lower is better for sure, but for long range and elr I find a higher scope to be better, having a more verticle head position allows for a more comfortable shooting position and resulting in better repeatability.
But this hunting rig I will be running the low rings, I will still have .4 inches clearance, which will allow me to use the rings if I ever upgrade to a 50mm objective, or just get a thicker barrel.

I dare to say that 1/2 the guys on this forum run some kind of so callled budget rings as Weaver,Vortex,DNZ,Burris,Talley or some other type of cheaper rings and bases as that goes I guess all my rifles have budget rings as I run all the above they all work pretty darn well
All those rings you posted are an above 50.00 ring set minimum. Exception being Weaver. These 13.00 rings I linked aren't in the same class. Your right tho, many hunters(Not LR target shooters) do use a standard low cost ring. I'd have to say most LR guys shooting top end rigs use top end rings/bases as well. Just my opinion.

By the way the weavers I run are weaver tactical about 50 bucks also this is long range hunting forum not a long range PRS forum

I dare to say that 1/2 the guys on this forum run some kind of so callled budget rings as Weaver,Vortex,DNZ,Burris,Talley or some other type of cheaper rings and bases as that goes I guess all my rifles have budget rings as I run all the above they all work pretty darn well
All those rings you posted are an above 50.00 ring set minimum. Exception being Weaver. These 13.00 rings I linked aren't in the same class. Your right tho, many hunters(Not LR target shooters) do use a standard low cost ring. I'd have to say most LR guys shooting top end rigs use top end rings/bases as well. Just my opinion.

And this is why I asked on this forum not Snipers hide lol.
The answers there would have been A LOT DIFFERENT.

Don't laugh, but I have a pair of UTG quick disconnect 1" rings on a flat top receiver truck gun. 10+ years and have never lost zero. Many times off and on, retains zero. Pretty sure I paid less than $30.

Don't laugh, but I have a pair of UTG quick disconnect 1" rings on a flat top receiver truck gun. 10+ years and have never lost zero. Many times off and on, retains zero. Pretty sure I paid less than $30.
No laughing here. Whatever works for anyone. I've run some inexpensive mounts on guns that served me well. My only complaint on those were they easily got knocked off zero when falling over or rough rides on quad or 4x4. Since then I've strictly run the pic rail and torque nut rings(tactical rings). They haven't ever let me down. Again, it works best for me.

I went with CCOP's on my Mini-14 and so far, so good :) Less than $50

VLD Pilot after reading my reply it may sound as I was being a little brash I do Apologize if that is the case I hope you and your have a merry Christmas and may God bless you

I went with CCOP's on my Mini-14 and so far, so good :) Less than $50

I have that on one of my rifles, works good and 30 moa can't was the perfect amount

I've used tons of cheaper rings: talley, weaver tact, vortex, burris, and even utg. I like them all a lot more than factory ruger or cz rings. I do have some very pricey ones like badger. I've never had an issue related to rings. I did have a rail work loose that needed to be retorqued.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.