Broughton rifle barrels

I've had 2 both in 6.5x47s that were built by APA or PAI before they changed there name. Both were great and lasted a good while.

TRG65 -

Howdy !

Mines' 6mm 29" SS 1-8 5"C-rifled Palma, used on varmint and target.

Hyper accurate, broke-in w/ one shot; cleans easily w/o needing a brush !
With this barrel chambered in a 6mm wildcat of my own design, I managed to shoot my personal best ever 5-shot 100yd group. Wichita WBR1375 single shot benchrest action, Rifle Basix, aluminum "beam" stock of my own design/fab; 2X boosted T-36.

Their delivery time was great, an pricing seemed to be sensible.

With regards,
357Mag

I have 2 on 3006 rifles by Greg Tannel. accurate and easy to clean, no break in needed to speak of. at least equal to the hart, Krieger and bartlien barrels ive used.

I was told by a gunsmith that Tim at Broughton was leaving the business and was not producing any more barrels and was just selling his current production. Does this ring true with anyone with personal knowledge?

Same results here. My 6.5x47 wears a 26" Broughton. Built by RBros and shoots incredible. It did pick up about 70-75 FPS after 200 rounds. But Travis said that it would. 130's at 2950 FPS out of that little x47 case still impresses me.
Speed increase from new is quite common. My 6.5x47's as well as several other cartridges have picked up 50-100FPS with several different premium brand custom barrels.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.