Hornady marketing

I don't understand all the Hornady hate.

Hornady has done more than any other company, including Berger, to advance the shooting/hunting industry in the last decade plus.

You can choose to believe they are "lying" to the general public, inspite of the fact that they spend boocoo money on R&D, and actually do a pretty good job of developing product.

In fact, they have give. Berger a run for their money in the LR arena with their product development and product advancement.

I'm glad Hornady has the R&D team they have as well as their marketing strategies.
I am just trying to understand here:
When someone like me reports/posts about his bad experience with Hornady ammunition, many crartidges, many rifles, several shooters, and refusing to keep buying into their propaganda you call it "hate". So in other words, "FACTS=HATE"
When people keep bringing up their videos week after week, its called "Open Mind"?
I said it before, I use some of their bullets for cheap fun. For serious jobs, I use better.
I wish you all buy their product so much that the competition is forced to lower their prices and I can afford more of the other companies products.
Again, FACTS is NOT HATE. Blindly Following something is not an "Open Mind".
MY Final post on this: You like it, use it, no need for an explanation. It works for you, I am happy for you.
Happy Shooting.

I doubt I will ever forget their actions after Sandy Hook, suspend component sales to sell loaded ammo. Trends.
On to melting tips, needed a whole new bullet that people complained about coming apart, and all bullet failure was customer generated. I've always been baffled as to whom figured out the tips were melting, as I don't recall customer complaints about the Amax.
I tried the 140 eld m in a 6.5SLR, and I have never had a bullet match my solver as well as this bullet did, out to 1600 yards, spot on. But in 500 rds, I had to adjust seat depth 3 times. Bye!
Or how about watching some poor sap shoot their 6.5 creed ammo, fire 8 rds, then blow 2 primers in a row, hammer their bolt open, only then to go back to normal operation.

I do really like hornady's OAL tool, though I buy my modified cases from Copper Creek.
I have very little use for hornady, but would never blame hornady for their marketing, it's us fools that get the job done for them.

I doubt I will ever forget their actions after Sandy Hook, suspend component sales to sell loaded ammo. Trends.
On to melting tips, needed a whole new bullet that people complained about coming apart, and all bullet failure was customer generated. I've always been baffled as to whom figured out the tips were melting, as I don't recall customer complaints about the Amax.
I tried the 140 eld m in a 6.5SLR, and I have never had a bullet match my solver as well as this bullet did, out to 1600 yards, spot on. But in 500 rds, I had to adjust seat depth 3 times. Bye!
Or how about watching some poor sap shoot their 6.5 creed ammo, fire 8 rds, then blow 2 primers in a row, hammer their bolt open, only then to go back to normal operation.

I do really like hornady's OAL tool, though I buy my modified cases from Copper Creek.
I have very little use for hornady, but would never blame hornady for their marketing, it's us fools that get the job done for them.
Well said, Sir!

No matter if you like it or not, evrryone posting on this thread needs to admit that hornady marketing team is top notch---- they definitely do their job well--- 8 pages of people talking about their products in around 36 hours.

Politicians, movie stars, musicians, etc would all agree ------ no publicity is bad publicity!!!!

No matter if you like it or not, evrryone posting on this thread needs to admit that hornady marketing team is top notch---- they definitely do their job well--- 8 pages of people talking about their products in around 36 hours.

Politicians, movie stars, musicians, etc would all agree ------ no publicity is bad publicity!!!!
Hornady's Marketing Team has been the envy of most companies for a while now.

Anyone that ever owned a business knows that you have to make money or go out of business. I have used a marketing company in early years and did not like working with them. Everything is hype. I own a small shop in a small town, so word of mouth is my best advertising. Hornady is big and I am sure they want to stay that way. If Remington would have put a little more hype behind the 6MM it probably would have been more successful. Don't let your feelings get hurt by marketing. Buy it or don't buy.

Yes just look at CM. Their advertising seems to work there pretty good .

Hornady/Marlin got together and made the 338 MXLR for lever guns in about 2009. It had the Hornady's Trifecta promise of : 400 yard Elk capable, red elastomer tips for higher BC and lever-gun friendly, 200 grain bullets that had 30-06 energy. Sadly, with the demise of Marlin, only a short 10 years later it quietly, was forgotten. Kinda hoping those Ruger Boys can dust off the prints and include a few crates of 1895's with a supply of 338 xlr ammo, in the 61 billion bucks worth of arms N stuff heading to the Ukraine. All that cartridge needs is a World War to up it's status and the Hornady' boys will be cranking out brass for it, again.

If they weren't trying to sell more bullets. They would have just made the change and not said anything. But the idea is to differentiate their product from the rest. And to show how their products are superior
I'd say more likely they made the video so when someone opens their new box of bullets and notices the tip is different they don't call Hornady and complain about them being defective.

Last edited:

Recent Posts