brass trimming

What tool do you use to trim, I have been using Lee's unit with the madrel that goes through the flash hole. I have tried Forrester's, not too crazy about it. Getting the set
screw right is real pain. Anybody have other suggestions ?

i use the frankford arsenal trimmer. gonna get something that chamfer and deburs sometime in this life

WFT II with the inserts for each cartridge … works fine.. I also have the Frankford Arsenal universal kit for those occasional odd calibers or for a friend if its needed.

I use Wilson to trim. It's not my favorite thing to do, but they are very accurate.
222A9D84-706E-49EB-A3C6-2C90A7AF5D5B.jpeg

Loading for rifle hunting only, I have used the Lee trimmers in a drill for a range of calibres, every time I full length resize, since the late 1970's. Next I chamfer inside and outside the neck while it is still in the drill. Usually in batches of 50 or 100, so not high volume. The animals have never complained, that is all I can go by really. (;-)

I have used RCBS trimmer, Forester, but settled on a Lyman Express Trimmer. I still have the crank trimmers for backup but the Lyman lets me dial the trim quickly and it has good repeatability.

Depends on volume. I like the Lee trimmers for 100ct runs or smaller, especially with the drill collet adapter. I have a Giraud Triway for doing large batches of 223. Extremely fast and it deburs and chamfers at the same time.

View attachment 360041
View attachment 360232
I agree with Quigley, if you only trim infrequently a budget trimmer is fine. If your running hundreds of rounds a week something mechanized is in order.
I have an RCBS that I removed the crank handle from and chucked up my Milwaukee driver drill onto.It's pretty quick very accurate and deburrs the exterior mouth at the same time.

I use Hornady and Lee. Love my friend's Wilson. I always fully trim all my brass before first loading. Trim to .010" under max. Most of my 40 degree Ackley rifle brass has only been neck re-sized, and not needed more trimming. I still check it though.

I don't trim for the sake of trimming. I mic my casings after shooting and use discretion as to whether or not they need to be trimmed to stay within the col.

The beauty of the Giruad is that it is quicker to stick the piece of brass into the trimmer than it is to measure it.

If it's too long, it gets trimmed.