Trimming brass

It is all once fired and never trimmed. They are also not of the same lot numbers. They have already been resized and they are varying in length by a decent amount

That being said, the 6.5 is such a forgiving round that I have had some very good results with load development so far
Just trim them all to them to shortest length. You'll be fine.

now are they more accurate the longer they are?
I'm not saying that you should grew them out to a longer length for accuracy. In fact I prefer to have the at the trim to length. The reason there is a trim to lenght is to keep you from being to long and creating a huge amount of pressure. Have you ever seen and brass that looks to be crimped after it been fired. This is a result of to long of a brass. That probably caused damage to the gun swollen chamber ECT. If on the other hand if the brass is to short it causes throat erosion. Because of the heat created where the lands and grooves are champers the heat lickes at it when the gun is fired causing throat erosion. Causing accuracy problems. Hope this helps...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.