brass trimming

I use a Giraud power trimmer. If you have to trim a BUNCH of cases, this is worth the money. But after you have it you can trim 100 cases in just a few minutes.

Also, do yourself a favor and use a lock ring on the adjustable collar for instant and perfect cartridge changes.
IMG_0686.JPG

IMG_0562-800.jpg

I just bought one of those Lyman Xpress trimmers, its far from a Giruad but man for $125 it's hard to beat. Very consistent and fast. You will need to chamfer and debur..

What tool do you use to trim, I have been using Lee's unit with the madrel that goes through the flash hole. I have tried Forrester's, not too crazy about it. Getting the set
screw right is real pain. Anybody have other suggestions ?
I love my RCBS ecectric trimmer. Mounted it permanently to a 24"x12" finished shelving board. It's fast and accurate

Gen-3 length trimmer and every time after resizing the case. For concentricity, plus I anneal every time before sizing. I have others, Lyman, Forester.

If you're trying to save time, little crows worlds fastest trimmer. Just mark and save one piece of brass to ensure the same trim length each time you switch between cartridges.

I have the Wilson, too much wasted time, used Lee, too much work.

If budget isn't an issue , Giraud trimmer is the best there is. Deburrs and chamfers at the same time, just expensive.

But like another member stated Little Crow's WFT II hands down

What tool do you use to trim, I have been using Lee's unit with the madrel that goes through the flash hole. I have tried Forrester's, not too crazy about it. Getting the set
screw right is real pain. Anybody have other suggestions ?
Dillon sizer trimmer die and motor for 308 and 223. Hook up a vacuum to the collar and trim all day with no mess.

I have been looking at upgrading to aHenderson trimmer.
I currently use a RCBS trim pro with three way cutter

I also have the Wilson package from Sinclair, with the Sinclair micrometer and shark fin clamp setup and all the shell holders, and it's very precise, but slow. I also bought the power adapter for it so you can setup a drill with it if you want. I don't trim pistol brass, except for .44 mag and .45 LC to start with it all the same length.

I went with the Henderson trimmer. Buy once cry once and it has been a dream for small and large batches a like. It is also very easy to fine tune length and change between calibers. As of a few months ago the lead time for a unit was half that of a Giruad.

Depends on what I am loading. Pistol and rifle plinking I use a Lee String type trimmer with piloted cutters. For my precision reloads, I use a l..E. Wilson Brass Trimmer.