Brass annealer

I throw all used brass in the tumbler to clean any dust, dirt and carbon off
Then lube and full length size with a neck bushing
On some stuff I the use a expander mandrel on the neck after sizing
Then trim cases to length if needed
Then chamfer the case mouths inside and out and clean primer pockets
Then I finally anneal everything with the Bench Source
Then a quick bath in IOSSO then rinse with hot water
Then dry using a hair dryer which is fast - the brass looks like new again.
Then prime, powder and seat the new bullet

The Bench Source has done thousands of rounds from 260, 6.5x47 308, 338 375 Cheytac to 416s it works great and is easy to setup.

why do I anneal later in the process?
when sizing brass the the shoulder bump and consistency of that can be measured using a caliper and bump gauges. And yes they are very consistent from one piece to the next. After all the work has been done to the brass then the neck/shoulder area gets annealed. This produces and very consistent seating depth of the new bullets as well as the pressure needed to seat it, also in turn it should carry the same consistency in the release of the bullet as pressure builds.

So I'm the odd duck in the crowd and have done this for years, annealing definitely save the brass from the necks getting hard and cracking but I also appreciate the accuracy as well if its only mid range or even more importantly with the big guns and expensive brass as the last 3 years now we get pushed out to 4200 yards at some events.

Either before or after its still helps annealing take the great info folks are posting and good luck shooting!

JH
Thanks appreciate your post!