Brake kleen for carbon?

Have you ever did a fuel injection flush ? Tapping into the fuel rail. The smell of ammonia is strong during the process. And if you watch the tailpipe you can see the deposits expel. I used to do them at Toyota. Not sure if they still do it these days though.
Vinegar is another cleaner for certain usages. it eats rust. It's harsh if used straight. And mix it with baking soda it's a good drain cleaner. It does have a chemical reaction. Like a small volcano that kids build.
I would not be surprised to find Kroil has Kerosene in it. I believe type F trans fluid also has some amount of kerosene.
You out to consider Kreen, made by the same people that make Kroil. Look up Kano Labs to find it~!

Auto manufacturers have had products to attack carbon for a long time.
If the product is formulated to clean the combustion chamber.
[eg. MOPAR'S's CCC - P/N 0VU00788AB] [no, I do not work for Chrysler, lol]
It will remove the carbon ring from a firearm. Be careful though, this
stuff is dynamite on wood finishes. Dave.

Yes heat can make a big difference on how hard it will be to get out.

Reminds me of a shop teacher telling a science teacher that the science teachers claim oil and water don't mix was wrong and showed him a jar of engine oil mixed with water that when heat was applied it turned to a frothy milkshake looking substance that wouldn't separate.
Yep.......Emulsification.

Carbon is one very hard clinging substance. If you've ever had the opportunity to do a valve job on and engine, or overhauled and engine, you know how difficult it is to clean under the piston rings. A bead blaster works on these places, but is impractical on a bore.
I leave brake cleaner to brakes and carburetor cleaner to carburetors.

My suggestion is to use products made for carbon in firearms.

Bore Tech C4 and

Slip 2000 Carbon Killer are absolutely the best that I had used in the many years that I have been cleaning guns.

When I worked in general aviation, we had a tank of "cold carbon remover". Not sure what it was but removed all carbon from cylinders. Any plastic or rubber just disappeared into the murky tank.
It was probably some kind of "carburetor dunk." Nasty stuff to work with but nothing cleans metal pieces better.

SharpShoot-R PATCH-OUT and SharpShoot-R Accelerator. Some claim that CLR (found in the grocery store cleaning department) works but I haven't tried it. Carb-out https://sharpshootr.com/carb-out/ is also supposed to be real good.

• Swab through the barrel and let set to dissolve all types of fouling
  • Color indicators show fouling type (Metal fouling is navy blue, Powder fouling is grey or black, Carbon is tan or brown.)
  • The most effective product on the market. Used by competitive shooters, gunsmiths, law enforcement and countless others in the firearm industry.
CLR works on Stainless barrels but don't get any on blued steel it will remove the bluing. I hate what I did to my 50 yr old 222 where the CLR dripped out and ran under the muzzle of my heavy barrel m70.

CLR works on Stainless barrels but don't get any on blued steel it will remove the bluing. I hate what I did to my 50 yr old 222 where the CLR dripped out and ran under the muzzle of my heavy barrel m70.
I believe I read on the Kroil website if you have some bluing flaking, it may also remove your bluing. If it gets under the edge.

Not all brake clean products are the same.some will remove paint and make plastic soft and it smells a bit like carb cleaner.Boretech products work well Good Luck (None flammable brake clean in the 55gal drum doesn't take the paint off and doesn't remove carbon just seemed to make it harder.