Best (sturdiest) small rifle deprimer?

I do have the standard pin but the Lee die I have works for that and i don't have to switch anything out. This thing is on a different level than the RCBS/Redding/etc. built like a brick shithouse.
Definitely! It's been the best decapping die I've ever used. Once you have one, it's impossible to go back to anything else. The tool-less quick-change pin design is genius.

It's only a matter of time before you stop using the Lee die, altogether. Trust me, it happened to me. One I realized I can use the same die for 5.56 up to .300 Ackley, it's the only one I use.

Also, here's a trick I learned with mine... If you are using it on a press that you are constantly removing it from (like a single-stage press), buy one of the Hornady lock-rings that will replace the gold colored non-lockable ring that it comes with, so it stops at the same spot every time you put it on the press.

AFE1FA73-F399-49CE-9D14-B7CCE8F5F1A2.jpeg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.