Best scopes for $1500 to $2000?

I've spent quite a bit of time recently looking through the Tract website. The 2.5-15x44mm FFP model has caught my interest. I don't like the reticle options in the SFP versions.

From the specs and the price they seem worth considering. I've seen them in use by James (from Barbour Creek), enough that their turret and optical quality should be more than good enough, especially at a sub $1,000 price
Tracts have had tracking issues and RTZ issues. Might want to research it.

I was organizing my gun room the other day and found a scope I had bought a couple years ago that's 5-25x50. Instead of using it, I'm probably gonna sell it. So I'm curious what the consensus is for a quality scope between the listed price. Leaning towards a 3-18x44 or similar. SFP since its mostly for hunting but hoping to slowly work my way out to 1000 yards. Illumination isn't necessary, i have scopes with illum now that ive never turned on. Good FOV. It'll be on a heavier 300 prc so if I shave a little weight on a quality scope that'd be great. Turrets known for good tracking. So many good options I figured I'd ask y'all.
NF, leupold, zeiss, Swarovski, s&b etc.

Im open to all suggestions,discussions, and opinions.

Thanks guys
I'm running a Burris 5-25x50 signature hd series ffp on my 7prc's and love them . Excellent clarity excellent customer service as I go to them directly ( freakin hate optics planet etc). I'm used to ffp so that's not an issue. Athlon is another option I have in my safe room, I use them for my long range competition rigs

Hi Huck - I just went through a similar decision. I sold my PMII 5-25 as I no longer shoot PRS. I was looking for a 1FP, 3-18x range scope better suited to hunting, 1K+ capable, and not to exceed $2K. I looked through and shot many, searched forums (incl. LRH) and read many reviews before deciding on Eotech Vudu 3.5-18x 1FP mrad right at $1300 tax incl from EuroOptic. I am so far pleased with the exposed turrets, zero-stop set, clarity, resolution, FOV, and tracking to zero (tall-target test not yet done). The line of Eotech Vudu scopes are Japanese glass, straightforward and feel robust. I have an Eotech 1-6x that has been bump-proof, waterproof and dead-on. I haven't seen any others in the wild and I am very pleased with mine.

I went on euro optics and was looking at everyone's recommendations and looking at their respective reticles. I seen this swarosko x5i massively on sale. Has anyone have any input on this one. $3700 on sale for $1900
That price is fantastic. EuroOptic is hard to beat. At 30 oz, though might be heavy for your taste.

Hi Huck - I just went through a similar decision. I sold my PMII 5-25 as I no longer shoot PRS. I was looking for a 1FP, 3-18x range scope better suited to hunting, 1K+ capable, and not to exceed $2K. I looked through and shot many, searched forums (incl. LRH) and read many reviews before deciding on Eotech Vudu 3.5-18x 1FP mrad right at $1300 tax incl from EuroOptic. I am so far pleased with the exposed turrets, zero-stop set, clarity, resolution, FOV, and tracking to zero (tall-target test not yet done). The line of Eotech Vudu scopes are Japanese glass, straightforward and feel robust. I have an Eotech 1-6x that has been bump-proof, waterproof and dead-on. I haven't seen any others in the wild and I am very pleased with mine.
I'll have to give that scope a look. Thanks for the input.

I gave the NX8 2.5-20x50 some serious consideration a while back. I was limited on mounting space because of the integral rails on my LA and the short tube. That was the deal killer for me. The 2.5-20 would theoretically cover everything I would look for in a hunting scope.

A FFP scope I see a bit here,I don't own one ,that the truck/radio/ greyhound chasing yote hunters use,type of hunting I use to do,hard on trucks,rifles,ammo,gas card and man boobs.Lots of scars on thier equipment.One gun, type folks for everything . Burris Veracity
I did the ballistic reticals years ago in 2fp,didn't work for me,with a multi gun collection,they should work better in ffp.Still take some homework.

I used to spend a small fortune on scopes, but have recently discovered cheap scopes made in China are much better than they used to be. I can sell a used Leupold for $1000 and buy 10 new Chinese scopes of just as good if not quality for that same $1000. So that is exactly what I have been doing :cool:View attachment 547591
Yeah, good luck with that

I gave the NX8 2.5-20x50 some serious consideration a while back. I was limited on mounting space because of the integral rails on my LA and the short tube. That was the deal killer for me. The 2.5-20 would theoretically cover everything I would look for in a hunting scope.
I don't own a Nightforce, but when I saw the 2.5-20 range, I had to look. Seems that the mounting limitations due to turret to objective spacing is a limiting step. What are the eye box concerns?