Best $1500 Hunting Rifle

Howa APC would not be my first choice - The Luth-AR stock is a plus. Good adjustments and light weight. I like the grip. However, I can't say the chassis configuration looks promising for long range precision matches. The concern I would have is the forearm and mag release. You will be shooting through windows and off barricades quite often. Pushing up against the barricade looks like it might activate the mag release. Also the forearm is short and skinny giving way to an AR-15 type hand guard. Looks cool but I'm afraid it would not stabilize the gun well off of the props. The magazine itself looks to be and AISC type mag. There are other guns out there that will work with either an AISC or AR-10 mag. There is no muzzle brake. A 308 is not a beast when it comes to recoil but its no kitten. Put 200 rounds through it in a weekend and your shoulder will start to feel it. The barrel is threaded so you can add a brake, but it will be an extra expense. Bottom line is that this gun might serve you well for a short time but you will quickly tire of it and want something more. Keep looking. There are other choices available.
Are you a spammer??

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.