Best scopes for $1500 to $2000?

I used to spend a small fortune on scopes, but have recently discovered cheap scopes made in China are much better than they used to be. I can sell a used Leupold for $1000 and buy 10 new Chinese scopes of just as good if not quality for that same $1000. So that is exactly what I have been doing :cool:View attachment 547591
It looks like the motto on the box is "Satisfactory Service" so it sounds like they admit they have crappy service.

I'd like to see an objective review of one of those hunks of metal bc I'm sure it would reveal what a piece of garbage they are.

It looks like the motto on the box is "Satisfactory Service" so it sounds like they admit they have crappy service.

I'd like to see an objective review of one of those hunks of metal bc I'm sure it would reveal what a piece of garbage they are.
Please define an objective review.

I have swarovski z5's on my two custom backpacking hunting guns. One has the 4w and one brh with turrets added. Both with 2 turn turrets. Shoot to 1200yd so far. I like the compact and light weight for hunting and I can hold my own pretty well at the range with the bench guys. Just put an x5 on my "bench gun"

I have swarovski z5's on my two custom backpacking hunting guns. One has the 4w and one brh with turrets added. Both with 2 turn turrets. Shoot to 1200yd so far. I like the compact and light weight for hunting and I can hold my own pretty well at the range with the bench guys. Just put an x5 on my "bench gun"
Very nice, what calibers are the z5s on?
If I read right online, the x5 you have to keep a special tool with you at all times to make adjustments??

I appreciate everyone's inputs, in rough order I think I'm down to -

Zeiss
Nighforce
Swarovski
Maven
leupold
And maybe a trijicon

Leaning more towards zeiss or NF

Last edited:
Very nice, what calibers are the z5s on?
If I read right online, the x5 you have to keep a special tool with you at all times to make adjustments??
6cm, 7 blaser rogue and stock 270 with z5. 338wm with z3. Custom 22-250 with x5. The customs also have 20 moa rails. Without moa rail, you are limited to around 800 yard come ups. Z5 is definitely better than z3 in both glass quality and turret construction.

Yes there is a handy tool for x5 but it's not "required". But once you set it why worry about adjusting it?

I was organizing my gun room the other day and found a scope I had bought a couple years ago that's 5-25x50. Instead of using it, I'm probably gonna sell it. So I'm curious what the consensus is for a quality scope between the listed price. Leaning towards a 3-18x44 or similar. SFP since its mostly for hunting but hoping to slowly work my way out to 1000 yards. Illumination isn't necessary, i have scopes with illum now that ive never turned on. Good FOV. It'll be on a heavier 300 prc so if I shave a little weight on a quality scope that'd be great. Turrets known for good tracking. So many good options I figured I'd ask y'all.
NF, leupold, zeiss, Swarovski, s&b etc.

Im open to all suggestions,discussions, and opinions.

Thanks guys
Trijicon Tenmile HX 3-18x44, FFP in MOA or MIL. Didn't think about FFP until I got it, now I like it, MOA tree is not too busy!
Leica Amplus 6 3-18x44, SFP, also MOA tree and fantastic glass.
I have both, the Trijicon on my 7STW and the Leica on my 260 Rem and they both punch well above their price point IMO.

6cm, 7 blaser rogue and stock 270 with z5. 338wm with z3. Custom 22-250 with x5. The customs also have 20 moa rails. Without moa rail, you are limited to around 800 yard come ups. Z5 is definitely better than z3 in both glass quality and turret construction.

Yes there is a handy tool for x5 but it's not "required". But once you set it why worry about adjusting it?
Good to know,

Which reticle do you have on the x5. Can I get your opinion on pros and cons of the x5iand any comparisons and pros n cons to the z5i. Found a bew x5i on sale for 1800 and really curious

Good to know,
Which reticle do you have on the x5. Can I get your opinion on pros and cons of the x5iand any comparisons and pros n cons to the z5i. Found a bew x5i on sale for 1800 and really curious
My x5i is brh.

In my opinion for a walking, packing hunting gun I really like small and compact. 3.5-18x is more than enough. No big knobs sticking out, 1lb, 44mm objective, not going to pull trigger on big game beyond 800-1000 so 1" tube is sufficient.

In 4-5 years of hunting and range time both z5 are tracking perfectly. I have not used the illumination for any situation yet. So far in my hunting experience I'm not giving anything up with the z5 line. Half the weight, half the size, half or third the cost. What's not to like? Maybe I don't know what I dont know??

In 800-1200yd plate practice in 15-25 mph gusting winds, ya I'm giving up some windage vs the custom bench set ups I'm shooting with/against (and several of those guys are serious shooters). My biggest issue when competing with these guys is just my lack of experience in reading wind and my process of setting dopes for shots. It's not instinctive for me yet as I'm just self taught in last few years.