Best scope under $600

I have an X-Bolt Hunter I use for similar circumstances (eastern woods hunting). It wears a Leupold FX-II 4x33 with a CDS turret optimized for my round and a zero stop. Love it!

I have an X-Bolt Hunter I use for similar circumstances (eastern woods hunting). It wears a Leupold FX-II 4x33 with a CDS turret optimized for my round and a zero stop. Love it!

I have the irons pretty accurate out to 200yards with my saboted rounds. It's always nice to have some glass to scan the woods. Reminds me one year I was glassing the tree line and I focused on a eight point buck's eyeball.. He had his head down, he must have heard or smelled me and was probably about to bolt. He was about 200 yards away if that, and I put a 180g soft-point right through the top of his heart. There was a trophy buck hanging out behind him: the one that got away.. Always consider this possibility when you see a young buck, there may be a trophy trailing him.

Man I highly recommend Vortex glass. I have five 4-16X44 HS-T scopes on various rifles, a Diamond Back 3-7 X 35 on a Win Model 1894 30-30 I inherited, a spotting scope, range finder, several binoculars. Solid bang for your buck. No problems tracking or return to zero on the long range glass with custom turrets from Kenton Industries. Mostly Talley rings, two Leopold and one Sako, no problems with any of those. Very pleased with the product and lifetime unconditional warranty. You can get them through Cabela's or Planet Optic for a about $575.00.

I have the irons pretty accurate out to 200yards with my saboted rounds. It's always nice to have some glass to scan the woods. Reminds me one year I was glassing the tree line and I focused on a eight point buck's eyeball.. He had his head down, he must have heard or smelled me and was probably about to bolt. He was about 200 yards away if that, and I put a 180g soft-point right through the top of his heart. There was a trophy buck hanging out behind him: the one that got away.. Always consider this possibility when you see a young buck, there may be a trophy trailing him.
I will likely get eyes rolling with my suggestion. Look at Primary Arms silver and gold series. IMO excellent scopes for the price and customer service second to none.

I just recently purchased a browning X-bolt white gold medallion in maple with octagon barrel and am looking for a scope. I live on the east coast so 500 yards max. Mainly got it for plinking with occasional varmit. I've been looking at nikon monarch, zeiss conquest v4 and meopta meopro.. Any others you like or really any help is good help.. only think I need is price under $600
Try Tract Optics for excellent glass at a reasonable price. Check out their web site for various scopes.

I'm surprised you got so many helpful replies. Generally on this site the question would have to be "Best scope under $6000" to get such enthusiastic responses. Clearly there are many great options these days that just didn't exist not too long ago. We will eventually remember these as "the good old days". Relish the agonizing over your decision.

I have Bushnell Elite. Nikon Monarch
Zeiss Conquest Leopold veri x lill
I love them all and they were all under $500. I've bought a lot of mine at gun shows. Good luck.

I have a SWFA SS 3-15 that I picked up for 500 when they had it on sale and it's a solid scope for that price. I also have various Leopold vx II and vx III that have have pretty decent glass but the turrets are not as nice as SWFA.

I just recently purchased a browning X-bolt white gold medallion in maple with octagon barrel and am looking for a scope. I live on the east coast so 500 yards max. Mainly got it for plinking with occasional varmit. I've been looking at nikon monarch, zeiss conquest v4 and meopta meopro.. Any others you like or really any help is good help.. only think I need is price under $600
Vortex Crossfire ll they are around $300 and very good even out to 700yrds with ease and great for hunting

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.