Best scope under $600

I have some Leupolds and 1 Zeiss conquest. I just bought a hells canyon speed and put a Minox ZA5 on it. It's simply an amazing scope. Very clear and tracks perfectly. Kenton industries sells the turrets for it. Just something a little different to check out. Thanks.

My Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15x50 FFP MOA arrived today from Midway. Was $420 after tax. It's a heck of a lot of scope for that money.

I also have a Bushnell Engage 4-16x50, which I scored for an insane $260 around Black Friday with a rebate. It is VERY good for that money, and even at the "good deal" price of about $350. My buddy has a 2.5-10, and it's great too. Nothing fancy, but very good glass, functional reticle and turrets (they lock down nicely).

Not sure why they're blowing them out, but Midway USA also has as pretty wicked sale on a couple of Bushnell Nitro and Forge scopes. $400 Forge 3-18x50 SFP, and $425 Forge 4.7-27x50 SFP, $225 4-16x44 Nitro SFP and $325 Nitro 5-20x44 FFP. I've heard very good things about them, and have had nothing but good things to say about the 2 Bushnell's I've owned.

For your needs, I think the Athlon would be hard to beat if you like first focal plane and want illumination. If you prefer a 2nd focal plane scope, The 3-18 Forge would be pretty darn good too. My guess is the optics are better on the Forge than the Athlon, but who knows.
I am a huge fan of Athlon scopes. I own 4 of them. The Midas TAC would fall in your price range and it is a fabulaous scope. I put mine on my 22-250 and I use it for plinking and rock chucks in the spring. I promise you won't be disappointed in your Athlon.

I would choose something from the Meopta lineup. I don't think you can beat their quality for the price. They even make glass and components for some of the big name companies.

I have 2 of their new Optika 6 scopes on order and already use their spotter and binos.

I just recently purchased a browning X-bolt white gold medallion in maple with octagon barrel and am looking for a scope. I live on the east coast so 500 yards max. Mainly got it for plinking with occasional varmit. I've been looking at nikon monarch, zeiss conquest v4 and meopta meopro.. Any others you like or really any help is good help.. only think I need is price under $600
They use to be $699 but they increased in price europtic has a vortex viper pst they are a little heavy scopes but boy are they great.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Vortex-Vi...-5257.aspx?utm_source=eoic2017&utm_medium=JAB

I would recommend Vortex HD LH 1.5-8, 2-10 or 3-15. They're light with great glass, made in Japan by Low
They only come in MOA reticles and the turrets are kind of mushy, but if you don't dial it won't matter

I just recently purchased a browning X-bolt white gold medallion in maple with octagon barrel and am looking for a scope. I live on the east coast so 500 yards max. Mainly got it for plinking with occasional varmit. I've been looking at nikon monarch, zeiss conquest v4 and meopta meopro.. Any others you like or really any help is good help.. only think I need is price under $600
Hi
I have both, the Zeiss and the Meopta. Both never used in original box. Cont me @ [email protected]

Call Doug at Camerland
They are running scope sale right now... this week. Burris FFII with etched reticles are very good for the price too. I have three on rifles. I believe Cameraland has them on sale, along with some others, including Meoptas.

But has anyone actually handled one?
The Optika 6 scopes as mentioned are a great choice and outperform others much more expensive. However, they have a "tactical" look and for your particular rifle, I'd keep it sleeker and classier and choose something from the MeoPro (1" tubes) or MeoStar (30mm tubes) line.

You can pick up a Zeiss Conquest HD5 3.5-15 for around $600 if you look for deals. The low light vision and quality is much better than others listed and they are super lightweight. Probably the best deal in a lightweight 3x mag.

Last edited:
My Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15x50 FFP MOA arrived today from Midway. Was $420 after tax. It's a heck of a lot of scope for that money.

I also have a Bushnell Engage 4-16x50, which I scored for an insane $260 around Black Friday with a rebate. It is VERY good for that money, and even at the "good deal" price of about $350. My buddy has a 2.5-10, and it's great too. Nothing fancy, but very good glass, functional reticle and turrets (they lock down nicely).

Not sure why they're blowing them out, but Midway USA also has as pretty wicked sale on a couple of Bushnell Nitro and Forge scopes. $400 Forge 3-18x50 SFP, and $425 Forge 4.7-27x50 SFP, $225 4-16x44 Nitro SFP and $325 Nitro 5-20x44 FFP. I've heard very good things about them, and have had nothing but good things to say about the 2 Bushnell's I've owned.

For your needs, I think the Athlon would be hard to beat if you like first focal plane and want illumination. If you prefer a 2nd focal plane scope, The 3-18 Forge would be pretty darn good too. My guess is the optics are better on the Forge than the Athlon, but who knows.

I was considering a Nitro or Forge for my muzzleloader. Need like 2x-4x max.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts