Best Scope Under $1000

Don't overlook the Meopta Optika 6 line. I currently have (2) Leupold VX III/ (1) VX5, (1) Zeiss Conquest and (3) Vortex PST Gen II. I just bought a Meopta Optika 6 3-18 which I'm currently using on one of my 300wsm. Glass is as clear if not better than any of the other scopes I have and the illuminated dot is just plain awesome for hunting or target. This version had the covered caps. I'm currently looking at their 4-27x50 with lockable turrets. Really nice option for around $700-$800.
CA2C2D75-3485-4B1D-B37A-B4DCF282D0FF.png

Don't overlook the Meopta Optika 6 line. I currently have (2) Leupold VX III/ (1) VX5, (1) Zeiss Conquest and (3) Vortex PST Gen II. I just bought a Meopta Optika 6 3-18 which I'm currently using on one of my 300wsm. Glass is as clear if not better than any of the other scopes I have and the illuminated dot is just plain awesome for hunting or target. This version had the covered caps. I'm currently looking at their 4-27x50 with lockable turrets. Really nice option for around $700-$800.View attachment 165434
How is the tracking and is it repeatable. I've seen Meopta around for awhile. They are German made right?

How would the Steiner compared to the NF? Both being in the $1100-$1200 range
Most of my hunting rifles wear Swarovski scopes. I recently picked up a Steiner on sale (approx $850.00). I have used it a few times at the range and really liked the clarity, reticle and accurate adjustments. I can't give a meaningful comparison with NF, as I don't have one and have only looked through them a few times. Just thought I would throw out another option.

I have a 6.5CM on order and am now researching for a scope to mount on it. The Leupold VX-3i LRP 6.5-20X 50mm looks like about the best one can get for under a grand. I have been a Leupold fan for over 40 years, but I haven't purchased a new scope in decades. I see that there are now many more offerings than there were back when I was in the game. Does anyone have other ideas or suggestions in this price range other than the Leupold model I have focused in on.
I'm a Leupold fan as well! Pay close attention to the reticle. Do you want MOA or Mil-rad? Mil-Rads take a bit of finesse to master. HTH

How would the Steiner compared to the NF? Both being in the $1100-$1200 range
Most of my hunting rifles wear Swarovski scopes. I recently picked up a Steiner on sale (approx $850.00). I have used it a few times at the range and really liked the clarity, reticle and accurate adjustments. I can't give a meaningful comparison with NF, as I don't have one and have only looked through them a few times. Just thought I would throw out another option.

many thanks.

Leupold makes excellent optics. I have used them for many years. Recently put a fire dot TMR 3x9 patrol on my 223 AR 15 and it's outstanding. In the past I've had 2 leupold scopes fail. They were replaced with new ones sent by Leupold. Great Customer Service.
When I build my 300WM Match Rifle I decided on a Nightforce NSX 5.5-22x50. This scope has been bounced out of a rifle scabbard up on a steep shale slope in Montana 75 yds down a ravine. I slipped and slid down to it and it was packed with frozen snow down the barrel. Took my military cleaning rod and punched the snow out and bore sight down the barrel and then looked thru the scope it was dead on. A couple of days later I shot a 5x5 Bull at 460 yards. The scope had some minor dings and scratches. % years later my former hunting buddy laid it against my truck when we were in Northern Utah elk hunt. He didn't tell me he'd taken it out of my truck. I was putting gas in my truck 11,ooo feet up on a pass it was snowing. About 5 miles later I look for my rifle before slipping over a rise to scout for elk. Realizing I should have my rifle, I walk back to the truck. No Rifle, he tells me it was in front of the truck he had rested it against the bumper. The rifle was run over and comressed into the snow. Well cleaned the snow out and a week later shot mny bull at 300 yds. It is still with me today and it took a nice buck at 450 yds this past September.
Nightforce are extremely well built and I have 6 of them.
Go with what you can afford.
Gonzo
SEMPER FIDELIS

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.