Best kid stock.

Elkeater

recently bought a savage model 10 for a kid build. My oldest will be 6 this year and loves shooting so I'm planning a long range gun in 6mm Creedmoor for the kiddos in a addition to the rascal .22s they just got.

Wondering what stocks you guys might recommend for adjustability for tiny humans as I call them. Was thinking a Boyd's AT-one laminate but just want to know what else's is out there.

My kids shot good behind a chassis. The adjustability can't be beat. XLR has 50% off a bunch of them right now looked like a lot of there on sale chassis were for savage.

How do you like the Rascal for your kids? I have a 5 year old who loves to shoot and I want a 22 rifle for him. @Elkeater

Haven't gotten them out yet. My oldest who is 5 has been really enjoying my AR but that's getting expensive on ammo.

My impression of the rascals are that they are good quality and basically just a scaled down grown up gun right down to the accutrigger.

Spring is coming so we'll be getting them out soon.

I find myself looking at it 2 ways. "Youth" models have a few choices. "Kids" rifles on the other hand are a little trickier.
At least something they can carry, and use with minimal support.
Tagging in to see other approaches.

I bought a Boyd's pro varminter and then I installed an adjustable length of pull ( shotgun kit). The "at one" didnt adjust short enough for them when they got started. Then as they are growing I can back it out as needed. The nice thing is I can back it all the way out so it fits an adult as well. I used the graco adjustable kit.

I use an XLR element with my 6yo. The buttstock allows him to get it close enough and high enough to see through a 56 mm objective scope. It's my 223ai trainer so I just marked both of our settings on the buttstock with a sharpie and am able to move it back to the LOP and cheek piece back and forth as I need to.

XLR is having an awesome sale right now. Cheap enough I'm thinking about grabbing another stock for the future to be able to have when I put another rifle together.

I'm a huge fan of Manners so I'm really intrigued by the Manners MCS-CS which is their compact stock with an adjustable length of pull with the push of a button. I don't have any first hand experience with it but it Seems like it would make a great truck gun/ youth gun. Especially now that you can get an adjustable cheek piece.

If your looking for a 22 rimfire you can't go wrong with the Ruger Precision Rifle. They are not that expensive and shoot good. The AR style buttstock allows you to get it small enough for them to shoot. Plus it's already threaded for a can.

You can always cut the end of a wooden stock off to if you ha e a spare laying around and add a Bradley Cheek Rest system to it.

I built off a manners CS stock for my kids 2nd rifle..they are older now (oldest 12) they started off with a contender and a chote M4 style stock..worked great

Attachments

• IMG_2535.JPG
    IMG_2535.JPG
    804 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_2734.JPG
    IMG_2734.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 167
Did you not like the factory Accufit? I have hopes that my (small for his age) 11 yr old grandson might want to take up shooting and was looking at that.

It does look kind of cheesy in the pictures...

I have done 3 different things I found on eBay a wood stock for my Win 70 featherweight cut the stock to 11.5 length of put with recoil pad had profit it. I have taken a standard gun and custom-fitted a youth stock on it. Now I am building a gun for a kid with the Boyd All in One stock and that is what I will probably build from now on

My son tried an mdt Lss and a Bergara bmp chassis before finally settling on a KRG bravo on his Creedmoor. He's 11, but has had the stock for a while. He also likes the Ruger Rimfire stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.