Best Hunting Grade Custom Action

lerch

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
I am having 'ol Montana boy build me another gun in a over the next year in the hog leg 338 Kahn. I am going to be shooting the 300gr Wildcat and I want the gun to be a repeater. Kirby has told me that we probably wont be able to get a Rem 700 action to support a repeater so my question is what custom hunting grade action would be the best.

The gun will be used for bear hunting as well as out to 1000yd elk hunting.

Just wanted to see what you guys thought

thanks
steve

I had lunch with Jerry Stiller last Saturday and he will be coming out with one soon that will take a 338 Lapua. I will be getting one to shoot the 338 Lapua AI.

bat action model RL. i personally would see if you could get it round instead of multiflat.

d-a

Hello.
PGW Timberwolf actions are the best you can ever get.
The Surgeon should be coming ouy in LA this year.
Others to mention:
Viersco Titanium action (single shot)
Baer
BAT
SWS 2000
and RPA Quadlite

AND when it comes to putting rifles together nobodys better than KMW

Thanks for the info guys,

only thing that scares me about the custom action is the price, but then again how can I complain about price if I ever wanna go on a brown bear hunt. OUCH have you seen how much that costs, hope the wife keeps makin good money!!!!!

Then again I think I still owe some Montana guy some cash, PLEASE let her keep makin money, these guns are just to much fun.

thanks guys

steve

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.