Best garage sale finds

I had a guy make a hell of a deal off me. He got my $5500 rifle for free!

...when he stole it out of my truck after a range session. Stopped for lunch then GNC at my local outlet and my truck was broken into....

Very good guys, mine wasnt that good but was talking to a friend in the parking lot way back at a gun show and this young man in his 30s parked and headed to show, i did ask him the price and was told he was doing a trade so that ended, 30 to 40 minutes later he came back yep with the rifle. I got the rifle rem 700 bdl, and leopold scope 3.5 - 50 for 200.00.

Neighbor begged me to go to an estate sale of an older gentleman he knew that benched a lot. I didn't go. He bought a .308 40X with 10X Zeiss for $400. He didn't want it but didn't want to leave it there. Decided to keep it when I offered $500. :mad: Should have went and should have offered more. SO he got the Garage Sale Find of the day....not me:(:confused::eek::mad:

I was in a gun shop that I hanged out back when I worked part time and a lady comes in with a 20ga 870. Dad died she didn't like guns wanted to get rid of it, he gave her $95 for it, as soon as she left I asked ro see it and asked what he wanted for it he said $175 and I told him I had $125 cash in the truck just got paid from work. It was like brand new I don't think it was even shot by her dad. I ended up giving it to my boy on his 12 bday this was back in 94

Best deal I've ever had was at a gun show. Had a Savage 110E .22-250 Dad gave me after he put about 2K rounds thru it. It shot 5-shot groups at 100 you could cover with a dime. After another 2k to 2.5k rounds it started shooting patterns. Sold it at a gun show for $250 to a guy that wanted the action.

Turned around and bought a like-new Ruger M77 in .257 Roberts for $400. It had a Leupold M8-4x in the rings. The scope was identical to one I had purchased a month or so earlier for $100, so I figure the Ruger cost me $50 out of pocket. :)

At another show I traded a bunch of unwanted shotgun reloading stuff to a dealer and gave him $275 for a stainless Ruger Blackhawk in .357 Mag. Base pin was bent but Ruger fixed it for free. :)

Old man passed away.....i bought a box of varieties....in the bottom found a ruger semiauto 22 converted with silencer barrel..home job....
I shot it in the garage for years....fun little gun....

Great shape Ruger Blackhawk in .30 carbine for $75. Older Neighbor's nephew went to jail for a stretch, owed him money, left the pistol and neighbors wife didn't like it in the house (he was a retired LEO!) he knew I liked guns and asked if I wanted it. I spouted off and said I only had $75 in my wallet. He went for it. I sold that pistol for $600

It wasn't a sale but more of a trade. When I was 15 my dad told me that I get the pick of the litter on our Boxer pups we had just had and just so happens the neighbor lady wanted the one I had. She had a Ithaca 20ga pump ultra feather light in perfect condition. I've since killed a lot of rabbits and pheasants with that gun. That was 16 years ago now and I do t think Il have a deal like that again

Got a Springfield 03-A3 at a Estate Auction, for $200,Would have got it for $100 but there was another gentleman bidding against me and he stopped at 200. The gun was in really good condition and came with paperwork from where it came from.