Vectronix range finder - best place to buy?

RDM416

I am about ready to drop the dime (rather a whole bunch of them) on a Vectronix. Anyone out there who knows where I can get the best deal? Would like delivery in 4 weeks or so...... I have an unexpected opportunity to go on a cow elk hunt in NM in late Oct. I would like to have them by then. I have hunted and guided the area for 10+ years and know some great places to set up for very long shots. I hope to get the opportunity to take a cow at somewhere around 1 mile. The trusty Swarovski's will reach that far (most of the time) but the beam width is too wide for accurate ranging, so time for that upgrade I have thinking about for a while now. :D gun)

Cory Trapp is your guy. He's a member in here. I picked up a Vector 21 from him last winter. If he doesn't have one to sell, he should be able to hook you up.

I can get them. I have gotten for other people on here. The delivery time is up to the company, it will be 3-6 weeks. Half down to place order half when shipped.

Email me at [email protected] and we can talk. That also goes for anyone else that is interested in one of these.

Thanks

Thanks to everyone. I have put in e-mails to Brian (Tikka lover) and PRG. Still looking for a way to contact Cory Trapp if anyone has a phone number or e-mail for him I would appreciate it.

They run a bit over $3,700.00. Not cheap at all. These are military units and are not really intended for public use although they are legal for civilians. Since they are not consumer devices you are paying the "military" price.

However, if you want to be able to really range something at long range they are far superior to any of the consumer models. I believe the PLRF10 is rated to 3000 meters, but the most important thing is beam width. My Swarovski will range to 2000 yards in most conditions but the beam width is so large you are ranging the entire hillside rather than the elk. Even for much closer distances the tight beam is important. If you have ever tried to range a deer or antelope standing in tall grass or soybeans at 500 yards you know you can range it 10 times and get 10 different readings. That is because the beam width is too large and you are sometimes ranging the critter and sometimes the background brush.

Are they worth it??? I don't know. I'll tell you after hunting season is over.:)

Are they worth it??? I don't know. I'll tell you after hunting season is over.:)

With what we spend on a good Rifle and scope , these are well worth the price. Otherwise , the LR rifle is handicapped. I have said it before and will say it again. If I lost myPLRF10 today, tomorrow I would be selling off stuff to buy another one. I don't care to be with out one again.

Jeff

vector009.jpg

vector008.jpg

They work pretty well as shown here. The wooden lightpole is probably 8" in diameter where I ranged it. Moving just off of it and ranging the grain elevator was no problem.

vector21004.jpg

Pictures were taken through my Vector 21's....

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts