goodgrouper finds a piece of heaven

uncleB

Yesterday me and goodgrouper went to a long range target shoot with the "carbon County Cowboys", lots of fun with great people. afterwards we stopped on the way home to check out a new range they told us about that is soon to open close to the thriving metro-plex of hiawatha (yes HIAWATHA Ut.) we were not expecting much but when we arrived on site were shocked, this facility when complete will be a world class range.
here is a pic of goodgrouper before he wets himself with the 1000yd and 600yd berms in the background
AUT_0010_1_1_1.jpg

UB

That looks pretty sweet too bad its in the middle of the state. Are there any ranges that go past 300yrds around SLC, UT?

[ QUOTE ]
looks more like he's playin a home court advantage game of pocket pool!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha!! Best laugh all day!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
looks more like he's playin a home court advantage game of pocket pool!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha!! Best laugh all day!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
dave ,dan ,ce,
the next time you are out just before sunset and the temp. starts going down make sure you run a mile back to your truck for gloves and jacket or you could be playing with your winkie. gotta love a smart *** /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

UB
Nice report, but you left out the details about the shoot!!
I keep forgetting about cabon county's long range shoot!!
No matter this week I couldn't go any way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Been busy with the jeep for Easter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CAM

Actually Dave , GG is just playing with all the money in his pocket,that he won at the shoot!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Actually Dave , GG is just playing with all the money in his pocket,that he won at the shoot!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I couldn't fit it in my wallet so I put it in my pocket. And my skinny arse won't hold up my pants anyway even without the greenbacks weighing them down!

Cam,

No worries. They are having another shoot on April 21st and it will most likely be the last shoot until November. Better forget about that zoo down in Moab and come shooting instead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The shoot is at 8" dinner plates at 1k, then 800 yards. Then at clay pigeons at 500 yards and then some kind of score shoot at 100. Then we go back to 1k and so on. You get one shot at the current target and then it's the next guy's turn. If you hit the plate, then everyone after you gets a chance to tie it. If no one hits, you have won the pot. If someone else hits another plate, you have a sudden death shoot-off and the first guy to miss after a hit loses.

Truly a one shot, one kill type of event.

Each match cost you a whopping $1. So you might lose $15-20 or you could take home over $100 worth of one dollar bills.

Guns are unlimited, scopes are unlimited, benches are unlimited, rangefinders permitted, wind flags permitted, whiskey and cigars are optional! Oh yeah, they cook up some good grub for lunch. You should have seen my face when they made me try some pickled chicken gizzards! Must be an aquired taste. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Here is some pics of this years shoot:
plateshoot07.jpg

plateshoot072.jpg

Uncle B,

I think I was more excited about this world-class range than winning that wad at the shoot! Can't wait for this little bit of heaven to open up. Utah might finally be on the map for a 1k NBRSA sanctioned match as well as some form of Super shoot or Cactus Classic. They could call it the "Carbon Classic".

GG, you could reduce the weight in your pockets if you and B. would let somebody else win a round or two!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif--RHB

[ QUOTE ]
That looks pretty sweet too bad its in the middle of the state. Are there any ranges that go past 300yrds around SLC, UT?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a place called the "Farm" out by Fairfield but is only goes 600 I believe and is REALLY primitive. The Lee Kay Center has 300 but nothing further. That is why this range is so crucial.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.