Best garage sale finds

A 7.7 jap bolt action for 75 dollars mounted my scope for free. In 1977. Killed a dump truck load of white tails..
Newlywed, got a flogging for it, too.
No complaints about freezers full of meat for 10 years or so. It shot very well.

I went to an estate sale I found in one of the off brand news papers in town. I showed up a little early and talking to the old Korean War vet. I asked if he had any guns and walked away with his take home M1 Carbine and 1911 for 500 dollars and a steak dinner talking about my deployment I just got back from. This was back in 2004.

A 7.7 jap bolt action for 75 dollars mounted my scope for free. In 1977. Killed a dump truck load of white tails..
Newlywed, got a flogging for it, too.
No complaints about freezers full of meat for 10 years or so. It shot very well.
My dad said he got ahold of a 6.5 Jap in the 50s that shot lights out. He killed a bunch of fox and coyote for several winters when hides were at good prices. He had nothing but praise for that rifle.

I went to an estate sale I found in one of the off brand news papers in town. I showed up a little early and talking to the old Korean War vet. I asked if he had any guns and walked away with his take home M1 Carbine and 1911 for 500 dollars and a steak dinner talking about my deployment I just got back from. This was back in 2004.
Now that is a good find.

Old thread, but needed reviving. Best gun show find was a Savage 340 in 22 Hornet for $80. Pawn shop find was a pre-64 Model 70 converted to 300 Weatherby for $100 and 2 Volunteer Arms Thompson Arms lookalikes for $50 each with mags, one used Thompson mags, the other grease gun mags (former worked better).