Best fitting picatinny rail for 700 308 TAC-SA

tgh97531

What is the best fitting picatinny rail for a 700 308 TAC-SA? Looking for a base that will fit the receiver like a glove so I do not have to bed the bases to the action.

Broz

I bed them all. No matter how good the base is the receiver top will vary in production rifles.

But to answer your question directly. I have found Near Mfg. rails to be of the highest quality for fit. I also feel Nightforce rails fit very well too.

I want to add, I have tested many rails and rings. I have seen many less expensive offerings fail. I set everything up using a straight edge, and centering points. Before I put a scope on I know it will have no induced stress on the tube from misalignment. When you start looking close you start to see where some fall short. This is for sure an area where you get what you pay for. And at long distances it shows up.

Jeff

Nimrodmar10

I've got the same rifle with a Nightforce 20 MOA Picatinny that works mighty well. I like the steel bases. They make the receiver more rigid. This helps even more if your receiver bottom is cut for a repeater.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce