Best FFP scope for the buck?

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
I've been very happy with my Steiner T5xi. Cheaper than their "M" line. I bought my 5-25x56 for $1800. Very light for a 56mm lens. The "T" line is made in the USA instead of Germany but still uses schott glass.

Under $800 ???
Buy once, cry once. Put it on a LaRue mount and use it on several rifles, thus spreading the cost.
16136792915797419658800641099835.jpg

I'll add what I think about the Bushnell Nitro FFP's. They can be bought very cheap, very clear, Deploy reticle is busy and isn't illuminated, but very usable for targets, not so much for hunting as anything below 6x is hard to see. They are a bit on the heavy side, but for a budget FFP, they are very well made, track well, and are very good optically. If you can find the 3-12 's for under 200 bucks like I did, they are a hec of a scope for the money.
My son has the 4-12x44 nitro and it is very clear and made well. It is a little heavy but for 200.00 it was the best value for the $$. We mounted it on his 7mm mag and it worked great for our Elk hunt this past season. He took a bull at 170 yards

I'm new to FFP scopes and on a budget so would like to ask your opinions on what has the best quality for the buck. thanks
If you can still find a Nikon black 1000 for around $600 on clearance it's a great buy. Nikon stopped making rifle scopes but they are keeping the warranty for customers. Best bang I could find for the buck and I'm sold on it being up next to the best of the best IMO.

My Budget FFP Recommendations: Under $400- The newer Athlon Argos BTR Gen 2 6-24 works and tracks great. Under $500 if you are looking for ELR check out the Arken SH4 Gen 2 6-24. They are backordered as they are super popular. My local dealer gets them in fairly often though. Above that I am a big fan of the Athlon Midas, Ares, Ares ETR, and Cronus. Past that I like the Leupold Mark 5. I have most of these scopes, I have won some local competitions and have never had any issues. Just my $.02 :)

I got an athlon area btr ffp for 460$. On sale at Midway. But, that sale is long gone and they are closer to $850+. Sight Tron might be a better value in the $900 range.?
Mueller also uses Asian import manufacturing, not sure about FFP but their stuff works well for a budget minded person such as myself.

I believe bushnell is owned by vista, they also own simmons, I think cci, speer and many others. Haven't had much good experience with their customer service

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.