Best bang for the buck scope.

Your list should definitely include the Sightron SIII, great reviews all over the internet, I love mine. You will have a couple hundred bucks left over for other goodies to boot :).
These guys have one that includes free Butler Creek flip ups SIIISS624x50 LR MD

Buying a scope made by a manufacturer no longer in business has always struck me as being a great way to throw money into a fire.

You may get lucky and have a great one that never fails, but odds are sooner or later it will and you are stuck with a pile of garbage and no way to get it fixed.

With scopes like Zeiss and Leupold yes, you do pay more on the front end, but you are also buying a lot of peace of mind because you know that 2-5-10 or 20 years from now they will still be there supporting their product.

When you buy a "cheap scope" you generally get what you paid for.

For the OP's requirements one more I'd suggest is the SWFA Super Sniper Scopes.

They seem to be the exception to the cheap rule, and as long as you buy through an authorized dealer like SWFA you can get the warranty work done if/when needed. They do not however offer the No BS lifetime transferrable warranty that you can get with the Leupold and Zeiss products.

Oooh OK! Whatever.

Please tell me how Weaver is out of biz. Thanks.

The OP was looking for best bang for buck, now how to avoid it.

How much experience do you have with the Nitrex scopes?

You read the craziest stuff in this forum.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.