Best bang for the buck by Burris?

308cal

I won a certificate from Burris, for 50% off of any Burris optic. That said, what's the best bang for the buck from Burris?

Lucky you! For me without question I would be picking up a XTR II with the SCR reticle. I almost bought one instead of the Nightforce NXS. I do really like the NXS though but might be still getting and XTR II for my DPMS. The reviews on the XTR II have been very good.

The Verocity is nice, but a little heavy for a hunting scope, around 26 oz, has 30 mm tube. XTR ll has 34 mm tube, designed more of a tactile scope. If looking for a hunting scope, look at the MTAC, good optics and around 18 oz. All have nice optics, just comes down to weight, and options. I have mtacs on 2 hunting rifles and like them a lot.

The Verocity is nice, but a little heavy for a hunting scope, around 26 oz, has 30 mm tube. XTR ll has 34 mm tube, designed more of a tactile scope. If looking for a hunting scope, look at the MTAC, good optics and around 18 oz. All have nice optics, just comes down to weight, and options. I have mtacs on 2 hunting rifles and like them a lot.

.308cal

The MTACs except for the 2 lower magnification option do not have SFs, a feature you might need for those "I wish I have had that feature" situations. It's better to have it and not need it. :D

I have the Burris Veracity 4-20x50 E1 FFP on my .270 AI with 30" Lilja barrel (it's 12 lbs hunt ready as seen) ...

1116141048_zps31535348.jpg

As you can see, the weight is not an issue for me (yes it boils down to a personal preference).

IIWY, I'd contact Bruce Ventura, he is an optics SME and all around good guy, I'm pretty sure he'll stir you to the right direction to make your decision a lot easier.

Good luck!

I'd go with the XTR II 4-20. That scope is excellent. I've heard great things about the Veracity but have no experience with it. I'm sure either one will work nicely.

I have two 4 x 20 x 50 Veracity scopes and one 5 x 25 x 50 Veracity. I have all three on hunting rifles. The 4 x 20's are on a 7mm mag and a 280 AI. The 5 x 25 is on a 338 RUM. These scopes I think for the money are hard to beat. They have good glass and are repeatable when dialing and I love the reticles. Like said above for quick shots out to 600 yards the reticles work and past that dial.
Burris has a life time warranty.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.