Best caliber for shooting 500 to 2000 yds?

Well I have taken a 300 Rum with 230 bergers out to 1 mile (1760 ) yrds. On a milk jug !
Then my 338 Edge out to 3027 yards (1.72 miles ) 300 gr.berger on steel !

I do agree about the bigger Comment!
Maybe a 375 in my future ! I have my eye on one now !
2 mile is still on my bucket list !!

Rum Man
I think I'll step up to the .375 as well if my range gets beyond 2500. Tough finding shooting locations like that.

Well I have taken a 300 Rum with 230 bergers out to 1 mile (1760 ) yrds. On a milk jug !
Then my 338 Edge out to 3027 yards (1.72 miles ) 300 gr.berger on steel !

I do agree about the bigger Comment!
Maybe a 375 in my future ! I have my eye on one now !
2 mile is still on my bucket list !!

Rum Man

on this forum a week or so ago , a guy had 375 chey tac brass for sale . it quickly sold . I've been thinking I should have bought it , then I all I would need is a rifle to use it in .

We might have to get together and do a Spring Bear hunt in Montana and do some long range shooting at the same time ! Lol
I do have a spot for the 1.72 mile Challenge!! 😃😃

Rum Man
Bit far for my 338 LM Imp...IMO. I'd say after 2500 yards it's running out of steam. At least if the wind is gassing it'll be tough to hit anything

on this forum a week or so ago , a guy had 375 chey tac brass for sale . it quickly sold . I've been thinking I should have bought it , then I all I would need is a rifle to use it in .
That's just funny ! I called my buddy and asked him ...you think I'm crazy to buy brass before I even had the rifle built !! Ha ha
Ps i seen them too ! I had to stand down

Rum Man

We might have to get together and do a Spring Bear hunt in Montana and do some long range shooting at the same time ! Lol
I do have a spot for the 1.72 mile Challenge!! 😃😃

Rum Man
I'd probably be up for a spring Bear hunt. Hope Michigan offers one eventually. There's talk about it. Nothing close to a Montana bear hunt tho

Bit far for my 338 LM Imp...IMO. I'd say after 2500 yards it's running out of steam. At least if the wind is gassing it'll be tough to hit anything
I think you would be fine . I have a 200 min. Adj.base we could put on your Rifle !
Early morning out there is the best ! Sometimes you have to fight off a Grizzly or two to get your target set up !
It's still lots of fun !

Rum Man

This was my set up !
I'm not going to lie ..my buddy and I jumped around like to kids when I hit the steel at 3027 yards ! Then it was calm down and get serious!

Attachments

• 20201119_180204.jpg
    20201119_180204.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 44
This a guy I use to shoot archery leagues with He helped me out with my 338nm

Attachments

• CFD06FB7-88FA-4B99-9ADC-60FBE60CA078.jpeg
    CFD06FB7-88FA-4B99-9ADC-60FBE60CA078.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 52
This a guy I use to shoot archery leagues with He helped me out with my 338nm.
Well he definitely forgot more than most of us know about the game. If I'd have made it to the 2K event in MT a couple years ago, I'd have had the opportunity to see him shoot. Someday.

Yes he has some major knowledge,shot records in the 1000 yrds game,Penn rules,many times with his 6mmdasher,he spent time with a modified 300wsm also.Used to shot league with Steve of Hammer bullets also.

Yes he has some major knowledge,shot records in the 1000 yrds game,Penn rules,many times with his 6mmdasher,he spent time with a modified 300wsm also.Used to shot league with Steve of Hammer bullets also.
He's in the ELR game pretty big now I think.