Best Budget Hunting Scope??

I have always been a big Leupold fan, but I am wondering what less expensive hunting scopes other members are trying out?
Don't forget to look into Vortex. They have some really nice scopes at very reasonable prices. I would try to stick with the 30MM versions, just a bit better optical quality. Their warranty is also probably the best in the business, No questions asked. I have been to the facility in Barneveld, WI and some of the no cost warranty items on display are awesome.

I have 2 Cabelas Covenets 1 4x16 and the other 5x25 both ffp 30 mm in MOA version. Have the 4x16 on a 6.5 man bun hunted in Single digit weather at 10,000' I don't dial the turret I just shoot the retical. No issues going on 4 to 5 years now. Pretty hard to beat for $250-$300

Too bad Nikon is out of the scope business. I have had a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9X40 on my Model 70 in .270 Win for almost 20 years. It has been great. My son has one on his Model 70 in .300 WinMag for the same amount of time...

Good counsel here. I really like Leupold scopes and have several VXII 3-9 that have served me well. I also have a Vortex or two and they have good optics for the money and excellent customer service. I know guys that have some Athlon scopes and those are reasonably prices and seem to have good optics as well. They like those scopes.

I have an old "Made in Japan" Nikon Prostaff I could likely be talked out of. Have been considering putting on new glass on that rifle for some time now.

It's a 3 x 9 x 40 and a decent scope. Bought it and a Monarch at the same time. There was no difference between the scopes at all.

Its hard to beat Burris or Leopold should you need to return, I started building rifles over 30 years ago mounted a lot of scopes in that time, they all fail from time to time, even the very top end manufacturers, and most manufacturers have a longer turn around, Burris and Leopold have both come thru with solutions within days rather than weeks or months,

I have always been a big Leupold fan, but I am wondering what less expensive hunting scopes other members are trying out?
0. Leupold fan. Ok..

1.Less expensive? Than? ( I love the guessing game.) Since Leupold run from $200-3000 I'm not sure what less expensive is too you . Many guys on here less expensive is a kahles.
2. What do you consider a hunting scope since every has a different idea? Weight,power,reticle.
3. What's it going on and what are the plans?

4. Did you try to research yourself?

This is info needed. If not you waste everyone's time chasing your ideas. Help us help you.

Think about these question a little.
Who makes the best barrels?
Do carbon barrels really cool better?
Are McMillan stocks good?
Does fluting really work?

This site is flooded with post like these.
These questions can be great questions if ask with some extra info to eliminate the circle jerk.

Last edited: