Best Binoculars for the money

A great place to get a very comprehensive review of (26) 10 x 42 hunting binoculars priced from $300 to over $3000. It scores them all so that you can get an idea of what are the best for your budget.

Personally I spend all my money on world class binos then less (if razor HD is less) on a spotter. After using Zeiss HD (not ED) and Swarovski everything else makes me cross eyed with the massive chromatic aberration and lack of edge focus.

Not telling you to go rob a bank but if you did, this would be a good way to spend the ill gotten gains :)

It's like the difference in driving a prius and a sports car.. The prius works and will get you where you need to go but once you've driven the sports car it's hard to go back to the little prius that can do everything the sports car can.

Last edited:
I'm the market for a new set of bino's what's everyone using?
Well if your a fan of the Operas, i guess a pair of those fancy looking ones mounted on a fancy stick would be a good choice.
In Pa. pretty much all the long range hunters use 2 spotting scopes mounted in an adjustable bracket, then placed on a tripod.
But they wouldnt work well for somebody who prefers walking around all day.
So i guess it all depends on what you plan on using them for.

Glass and optical coatings are everything. You'd be hard pressed to find good glass/optical coatings for less than $1,000. Agree with the comment buy once/cry once. Get range finding. Saves a separate purchase. Look at the Vortex Optics Fury HD 5000 10x42 Laser Rangefinding Binoculars. 10X42 is a good all-around size/power. If you can afford it, I swear by my Swarovsky 10x42 Range ($4k)

I bought a pair of Steiner 10x50 seconds about 15 years ago they have a small black dot in the lower right hand of the right lens are armor coated and have traveled for all of their life in my truck . They work for me at a 1/4 of their normal price .
A great place to get a very comprehensive review of (26) 10 x 42 hunting binoculars priced from $300 to over $3000. It scores them all so that you can get an idea of what are the best for your budget.

He does a great with his reviews.

Can't go wrong with Vortex. Excellent products with excellent customer service. My dad's binoculars broke during an elk hunt and they were replaced now questions asked.