Best Binoculars for the money

My Zeiss bins are awesome. My Minox are slightly better at ~1/2 the cost!

I was looking for some beater bins for general farm use and bought the Minox to save my Zeiss from some abuse where I didn't really need the extra image definition. I was really surprised that I actually prefer the Minox over the Zeiss bins.
Steiner can be better in some hunting scenarios than Swarovski but, it really depends on the time of day (i.e. dusk versus midday) and the terrain.

Realistically, it also depends on your budget, what you expect, and if you have specific eye issues. Myself, I have drastically different fine vision between the left and right so, eye box focus and eye relief are VERY IMPORTANT.

When I fist started out hunting, I bought lesser brands that were "nearly as good" as Swarovski. I was never completely satisfied. I upgraded again and again - losing $100-$150 in value with each upgrade. In 2005, I finally bit the bullet and bought a pair of Swarovski 10x42's. My first scouting trip with them was revelatory. I finally saw what I had been missing - literally. The first thought through my mind was "I should have done this years ago". Like scopes, you get what you pay for. I now subscribe to the adage: Buy once, cry once. I buy Swarovki because their color fits my 'eye', but other top tier makers such as Leica, and possibly Zeiss, are evry bit as good. If you look hard and move quickly, you should be able to find a pair of decent Swaro's for about $750-$800. If that is not yet in the budget, save your money until it is. Remember, you can't shoot it if you can't see it.

I run the Leica 10x42 cost me $2500CAD yes they're very good but expensive my work paid for a set of work binos I tried the Nikon monarch $550CAD did a side by side comparison in cloudy conditions early morning Leica were better but not even close to the $2200 more they cost me. If I were to do it again I'd buy the Nikon for personal set of binos and put that 2200 towards Swarovski spotting scope. Good luck!

As you can see glass is just as much a personal decision as rifles. The best thing is find a place that carries a large variety and test them for yourself. Won't take long to have it narrowed down to two or three.
Personally for what I paid for them I am very happy with my Nikon monarchs,until I can upgrade to a set with a built-in rangefinder.

I use Zeiss binos mostly. Satisfied with them. 8x25 victory, 8x30 conquest, 8x42 terra.
Have also Kahles Helia 8x42 rangefinder.

Just my 2 cents worth, but I use a set of Steiner 10X 50s and have never found them lacking from Alaska to South Africa and everywhere in between.
I fully concur! I have 3 pair but I use my 10X50's the most! Crystal clear, love the individual eye focus. Been using since the early 90's.. love'm!

I've been using a pair of Leupold wind River cascade 10 x 42 binoculars for over 10 years and they have served me well they've been on so many hunts I cannot even count kicked around in the pick up truck for years and are still in perfect shape very clear glass and
A606C2A9-D020-430F-852A-6FA9FDC43F81.jpeg
vivid images 10 years ago they were only around $350