tc venture w/ bushnell scope worth the money?

I was looking to purchase a tc venture predator in 22-250 and put a bushnell banner 6-24x40 scope on it. I have read reviews and both products seem to not be top of line but of decent quality for the price. I don't have a ton to spend so I was wondering what you guys would think. The reason for my purchase is for coyotes around our farm and I may attend a prairie dog hunt in the summer.

The rifle may be fine (not one of the more popular brands, and will run about $550-600 in camo) but I would not buy that scope. A Bushnell Banner is one of the few scopes that literally fell apart on me. Others might not work and have to be repaired but they haven't fallen apart.

For an inexpensive scope, I have one of these that came on my 25-06:
http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?...scope SP Target Turrets Truplex Reticle Matte

It tracks perfectly, has positive clicks when you move it, and for the price is a great deal. No, it's not the clearest glass in the world but what do you expect at this price?

Save up some money for a Vortex or similar as your next step.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts