Best all round bullet for 6x47L

trucraft

Hi.
I'm having a 20" 6x47L barrel chambered in the next week or so. I am thinking I will go 90grn - 105 bullets as it is an 8 twist.
The gun will be used for close to mid range small deer as well as rabbits and foxes at realistic extended ranges.
I just want one load, can't be bothered with one for deer and one for varmint.
I am thinking 105grn Amax or 105grn vlds.
Will they both still be satisfactory on varmint or am I best with something around 90grn?
Thanks.

Yeah anything over 100 would be sweet as you have the twist to accommodate them... Mine is an 8 twist but ended up liking the 95 SMK the best, so there are good options for under 100 grains too, keep in mind. I like your 105 gr thoughts...

Yeah anything over 100 would be sweet as you have the twist to accommodate them... Mine is an 8 twist but ended up liking the 95 SMK the best, so there are good options for under 100 grains too, keep in mind. I like your 105 gr thoughts...

Are you hunting with your SMK, if so what?

My 6x45 loves the 95gr nosler and the hornady sst. I use it for exactly what you are talking about. Just find the one that is most accurate. The hornady seems softer and still works well on deer.

Prairie dogs and antelope are all I have used it on as far as game is concerned. Not very good expansion as velocity drops off... seems to match what others are saying as well, but crazy accurate. :) If you keep your deer sized game to close/medium ranges it might do ok. Wouldn't see a problem with coyotes at most any range.

Better bullets are out there for actual hunting uses for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.