Best "All Around" Bullet for 300 WSM

What are you guys using out there? I'm talking about an "all around" bullet for antelope and deer up to an occasional elk and shiras moose (if I can ever draw a tag!).

I have a friend who reloads for me and he suggests a 200 grain Accubond or 185 grain Berger VLD. Barnes anyone? Any thoughts? Thanks!
I use 165 gr Silvertip with 68.5 gr IMR 4350, 3150 fps, out of a Browning SS Stalker. Taken antelope, elk and deer. Took a big mule deer at 612yds with this load.

I've used Berger 168 Classic hunters for years, deer and coyotes. I just developed a 178 EXLDX load for Elk and deer. both group exceptionally well. under 1/2 MOA. I have shot Winchester Supreme 150s but I hit a big 170+lb doe at 385 yards square on the shoulder she only made about 60 yards with good blood, but the bullet never penetrated the body cavity. meat was blood shot from the base of her skull to her hind quatre.

What are you guys using out there? I'm talking about an "all around" bullet for antelope and deer up to an occasional elk and shiras moose (if I can ever draw a tag!).

I have a friend who reloads for me and he suggests a 200 grain Accubond or 185 grain Berger VLD. Barnes anyone? Any thoughts? Thanks!
166 Hammer Hunter.

L🤣L!

1698377234930.png

I'd take a good hard look at a 165gr Hornady Interbond.
I have a friend who's just getting started with reloading. I'm kinda leading him through his steps and showing him a few tips along the way. Right now he's running 165 gr. Interlocks . This rifle really likes this bullet, touching holes on paper and absolutely slamming deer. I'm wanting him to try the IB I think they would be good. But he likes what he has and doesn't want to change so no pressure from me, he's still knocking them down.

Hey guys. I'm building a custom AR-10 in 300 WSM. I'm a handloader, so will be loading for it as well.

What do you guys think would be the best bullet for absolutely explosive terminal ballistics for this, with no regard for pelt or meat damage?? Short to medium range. (+/- ~100 yards.)

Thanks!
Vettepilot

A 125 nosler nbt,Speer tnt, 125 Sierra spz, might be discontinued,loffing along at a staring load of 3300 fps ,a lighter 100,110 might be to short in length to seat and function properly. Cheers keep us posted thks

Hey guys. I'm building a custom AR-10 in 300 WSM. I'm a handloader, so will be loading for it as well.

What do you guys think would be the best bullet for absolutely explosive terminal ballistics for this, with no regard for pelt or meat damage?? Short to medium range. (+/- ~100 yards.)

Thanks!
Vettepilot
Its a very valid question. You may start a new thread instead of hijacking this one, just a thought?
James