Best 7mm out there now

So what you're saying is I need to get something much bigger if I pursue anything larger than white now, correct? I have been wanting a 33XC lately or maybe I should make it the 37XC?
I'm not joking about using the .375 on deer. My experience is it pokes a 3/8" hole in and out, and I've yet to have one move out of its tracks.

So what you're saying is I need to get something much bigger if I pursue anything larger than white now, correct? I have been wanting a 33XC lately or maybe I should make it the 37XC
After reading some of this it Sounds like you need a 41xc and I need to be using my 50bmg to deer hunt.

Last edited:
I'm not joking about using the .375 on deer. My experience is it pokes a 3/8" hole in and out, and I've yet to have one move out of its tracks.
It is fun to get the big boys out from time to time for some doe patrol in the bean fields.

Attachments

• IMG_2992.png
    IMG_2992.png
    475 KB · Views: 89
I picked up this old SAKO 75 Stainless 7MM RUM in mint condition a few years back, had a buddy add the break and what a shooter!
I developed a decent load pushing the 180 grain berger at 3100. And with break is just a dream to shoot and spot hits.
View attachment 523898

Are you a Bowyer too or are those someone else handy work in the background?

Are you a Bowyer too or are those someone else handy work in the background?
Yes I am/was.
I use to own Stotler Archery for about 10 hrs.
Life happened and I ended up Selling the business to someone back east. Unfortunately he let the business die.
I do still build all my own gear.
Mostly be going back to building self bows and more primitive stuff. Much more enjoyable as a hobby than messing with all the fiberglass and glues and breathing all the dust from grinding it
Good eye!

Yes I am/was.
I use to own Stotler Archery for about 10 hrs.
Life happened and I ended up Selling the business to someone back east. Unfortunately he let the business die.
I do still build all my own gear.
Mostly be going back to building self bows and more primitive stuff. Much more enjoyable as a hobby than messing with all the fiberglass and glues and breathing all the dust from grinding it
Good eye!

I am a hobbiest myself. Composite only. Have not fired up the oven in 10 years or more, so I'm way passed due.

Don't care what anyone says the 7RUM means serious business. And there's totally nothing wrong with it as a shooter goes. I have seen many including myself that have got it to shoot lights out, many on here that have them and love them. Overbore? Yeah but so are many other different cartridges guys have rifles for too. Just have to baby the shooting sequences some and not let it get hot and also not shoot high flame temp powders in it.

Don't care what anyone says the 7RUM means serious business. And there's totally nothing wrong with it as a shooter goes. I have seen many including myself that have got it to shoot lights out, many on here that have them and love them. Overbore? Yeah but so are many other different cartridges guys have rifles for too. Just have to baby the shooting sequences some and not let it get hot and also not shoot high flame temp powders in it.
My Sako shoot great and yes I don't shoot more than three rounds without letting it cool.