Berger

Berger may lose a few customers with this shortage, people may start looking at other manufacturer bullets. I am sure Hornady is beginning to see some demand. I know the customer service return calls is non existent, I never received a reply and have heard others that have left messages for two months with no call back. They may want to re-think about not providing load information over email, since call backs don't work.

To all;
Our apologies for the customer service and bullet issues. We did build bullets ahead in anticipation of our move but extra demand ate that up more quickly that we anticipated. We did an a second shift in March to help get us back on track with our bullet availability. In regards to the customer service issue. We also have had a new phone system installed along with a new computer system. Those of you that have dealt with these things know that they do not often run smoothly or as planned. We have sorted most of the issues out with both. Our new TECH SUPPORT number is 660-480-2802. We are on the phones from 8am to 4:30pm EASTERN time Mon thru Fri. With load data. We can email PUBLISHED LOAD DATA that is found in the BERGER MANUAL. UNPUBLISHED LOAD DATA we cannot for now. If the load data you request is unpublished we send an email out asking you to call our tech line OR to provide a daytime phone number and a good time to call. And we WILL CALL YOU.
Again, our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. And thank you for your understanding.

I was not looking to get an apology. I had seen the 6.5 135 grain Classis Hunter and I thought maybe Berger was considering discontinuing the 130 VLD Hunting.

To all;
Our apologies for the customer service and bullet issues. We did build bullets ahead in anticipation of our move but extra demand ate that up more quickly that we anticipated. We did an a second shift in March to help get us back on track with our bullet availability. In regards to the customer service issue. We also have had a new phone system installed along with a new computer system. Those of you that have dealt with these things know that they do not often run smoothly or as planned. We have sorted most of the issues out with both. Our new TECH SUPPORT number is 660-480-2802. We are on the phones from 8am to 4:30pm EASTERN time Mon thru Fri. With load data. We can email PUBLISHED LOAD DATA that is found in the BERGER MANUAL. UNPUBLISHED LOAD DATA we cannot for now. If the load data you request is unpublished we send an email out asking you to call our tech line OR to provide a daytime phone number and a good time to call. And we WILL CALL YOU.
Again, our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. And thank you for your understanding.

Barefooter56, any chance Berger would consider adding online loading data to the website, like Hodgon and Nosler? I have asked a few times for an updated Berger reloading manual for the new calibers on the market, but was told no new release, this was last year. I would think online loading data would be way to go.

I was not looking to get an apology. I had seen the 6.5 135 grain Classis Hunter and I thought maybe Berger was considering discontinuing the 130 VLD Hunting.
Mike,
The 6.5 130 VLD Hunting bullet is one of our most popular bullets. No plans to discontinue it. Just running behind in production . May be 60- 90 days out. Hopefully much less.

Barefooter56, any chance Berger would consider adding online loading data to the website, like Hodgon and Nosler? I have asked a few times for an updated Berger reloading manual for the new calibers on the market, but was told no new release, this was last year. I would think online loading data would be way to go.
With the move and all the new technologies shaping up well. A new manual or a new way to present our load data is on the schedule to be discussed as to which way we want to go on this. New printed manual or website access to load data. With either one its going to take some time to put it together so hang tough. You have a question on anything BERGER , LAPUA, VIHTAVUORI, just email or call us or leave a phone message. We will respond in a timely manor. In our next meeting I will mention your request for a website load data function.

With the move and all the new technologies shaping up well. A new manual or a new way to present our load data is on the schedule to be discussed as to which way we want to go on this. New printed manual or website access to load data. With either one its going to take some time to put it together so hang tough. You have a question on anything BERGER , LAPUA, VIHTAVUORI, just email or call us or leave a phone message. We will respond in a timely manor. In our next meeting I will mention your request for a website load data function.

Thanks, I would think online data would be faster and cheaper to produce versus releasing a new manual plus go through the production process for the manual. I am sure majority of people reloading would be more than happy to have it online.

I was going to use 140 gr VLD's in a new 260 barrel but I'm having trouble getting it to shoot. So I figured I could get some 140 gr hybrids to try but I can't find any. So I'm going to try the Nosler RDF

I was able to get a Sierra 140 gr Gameking to work well without much effort.
Don't try the 147's you won't like them at all. I'd shoot the 142's sierria's over the rdf's all day everyday and twice on Sunday.
The 147's on the other hand I don't sort, not because they don't need it, I just don't for what I do. They hold half minute as far as I have shot them 704 in the hornady general calulator 696 works to there. If you use the 4dof select the 147 and it is better beyond that range from what I was told by guys who have shot to a mile with the same bullet in a creed@ 2800. I'm slightly faster 2830-2855 depending on the load/gun I'm shooting

I have pretty much always shot a .260 Remington. Factory ammo for a .260 will make you reload. The few folks I know that reload all told me to go with Berger bullets. They all used 140's in their 6.5x284's . I wanted the added velocity from the 130's. Ok I got side tracked. Focus Grasshopper. I bought a Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 6.5 Creedmoor. I shot a deer with the Precision Hunter Ammo and it wheeled and ran into the thickest canes and briars I have ever seen. I immediately knocked the primers out of what empty cases I had. I loaded them with 42.5 grains of H4350 topped with 130 grain Berger's and not another deer ran off this season all DRT(5 more deer). I believe if it works don't fix it. Thanks Berger Bullets.

I have pretty much always shot a .260 Remington. Factory ammo for a .260 will make you reload. The few folks I know that reload all told me to go with Berger bullets. They all used 140's in their 6.5x284's . I wanted the added velocity from the 130's. Ok I got side tracked. Focus Grasshopper. I bought a Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 6.5 Creedmoor. I shot a deer with the Precision Hunter Ammo and it wheeled and ran into the thickest canes and briars I have ever seen. I immediately knocked the primers out of what empty cases I had. I loaded them with 42.5 grains of H4350 topped with 130 grain Berger's and not another deer ran off this season all DRT(5 more deer). I believe if it works don't fix it. Thanks Berger Bullets.
I love the way they shoot too. But here in Mass most online places won't ship them here due to the state AG. Finding them in stock just doesn't happen often enough or in more than a 100ct or 2 box. My sole reason for not shooting them is ai cannot get what I want when I want it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.