Berger to introduce 7mm 195 gr EOL Hybrid Hunting Bullet

We are still waiting for final velocity test results. Should be very soon we are hoping. Sorry this has not moved a bit faster, but we want a solid product before we release them.

Thanks for the patience guys.

Well, maybe they are hesitant to update their progress or lack thereof when you have people jumping their @#$ for missing their timeline.

It is a risky project from a business perspective when they already have fantastic bullets that outperform major competitors. They then let the shooting community know where they are headed, giving us info they dont have too, and people criticize them for missing a timeline anybody with common sense ought to realize is not set in stone.

This bullet might not even be viable....they are doing us a huge favor for not resting on their laurels and even trying this project, they have money sunk in it whether they can sell it or not.

Frankly, I would buy a box from them and test them on my own dime and time just to pitch in and help. I have a 8.5TW Bartlein ready to go specifically for this bullet...but I'm not gonna bitch if they don't work, or cry because I wasn't handed a turnkey solution when I expected it for no effort on my part.

Sorry guys for my lack of response on this thread. We have been traveling nonstop to get our fall episodes filmed. Heck as I write this, I am in route to New Mexico for a Elk Hunt.

To the meat and potatoes of the bullet! We have just completed the final testing of the original design of the EOL Heavy Hybrids with the 170 grain. 277 bullet. The test was a complete success against what we thought could have been a rather large uphill battle. The 195 grain 7mm bullet is of the exact same design, so now that we have proven that this design and these extreme heavy weight bullets per caliber will fly fast, fly straight, and perform like they should, the tooling for the 7mm can be completed.

Now given the time of year it is, things have taken longer then we originally hoped for, but I can tell you Berger is working as fast a they can to get these going. I can tell you from the updates I get as a dealer, that they are on the build board. However with the current back orders it may still be a few months.

Thanks again for everyone's patience.

Thanks for the update, Bob. I have a 7mm RSAUM waiting to try out the new bullets when they are ready...and hopefully on a New Mexico elk hunt next year.

Good luck on the hunt...

Thanks Bob! By the way, it was 62 today in Abuquerque, NM. It's been warm all week. Hope your hunt goes well and I look forward to watching the hunt on your show.

Thanks for the update and good luck on the elk. I'd be happy just to get my hands on the of the 168 Hybrids:)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.