Berger to introduce 7mm 195 gr EOL Hybrid Hunting Bullet

Awesome. This bullet makes me want to start another build job - BAD. I just ran the ballistics in a 7mm STW . . . ridiculous.

We are working on the 270 cal jackets now. When they are finished we will test the ogive tooling again. The first attempt did not go well. We should know something by the end of this week.

According to our die maker, the 7mm EOL tooling will not be available until Decemeber. I am working with them to push the date up but this is what I know to be true today.

Regards,
Eric

Still the same timeline for the 7mm EOL? December for the tooling?

We are pushing to get the tooling sooner than December but this is the best information I have right now.

Regards,
Eric

300 Norma is a necked down 338 Norma.

GG-Please consult PTG print number 31134 (300 Norma) and PTG print number 16113 (338 Norma). I think you'll find changes in body taper and case body diameter at the shoulder between the two. Big changes as compared to the 300 Lapua vs 338 Lapua. Not looking to start a ****ing contest or derail the thread...but unless you've made 338 Norma brass fit/shoot in a 300 Norma chamber...please describe that experience. Don't want anyone being led astray by your post.

Go Berger on the 195s!

Good shooting.
gun)

I'm not wanting to start anything either. Agreed that there are small differences, but the 338 Norma is the parent case of the 300 Norma.

I noted it because it is very easy to confuse with the 308 Norma Mag, which is completely different and more well known.

I don't know if this has been covered already (I only read the last 5 pages or so) but does anyone know or care to speculate on what velocity to expect from 7RM with a 195gn bullet.

Quickload projections show a 115-140 fps decrease from 180 gr loads depending on powder/barrel length. It also favors slower powders (Retumbo and slower).

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.