Berger Bullets needs your advice - please help

I prefer Berger Bullets pack size of:

• 50 per pack

Votes: 162 12.1%
  • 100 per pack

Votes: 1,174 87.9%

• Total voters
Here in Australia supply can often be a problem, so boxes of 100 are better. I oftenn find my stocks are getting low, one box left, and go to get what I need to discover they are out of stock.

Boxes of 100 give you a little leeway.

But having said that it would be great if ALL bullet manufacturers put of boxes of 20 so you dont needto have heaps left over when you are going to do load development on a new pill.

For those of you that are interested in getting smaller counts of bullets for tuning and testing purposes please click on the link below. This is a new company and their products are launching through various outlets including Sinclair this week. It is my understanding that their will be a write up on them in American Riflemen next month.

Bullet Samples | Bullet Proof Samples

Regards,
Eric

I agree with everyone lol. I would like to see smaller lots available to test. If its a proven bullet for my gun than lots of a 100 or more are great. But until u find that round having smaller "Test samples" would be great. I will check out the earlier post regarding the smaller lots. Thanks

Like I said before, 100 and 500 are absolutely perfect for my shooting habits. In fact if you would bundle say a 2000 count (4 box set ) of 500s that are matched lots and Advertise very up front on berger.com on the front page and on the bullet info pages kind of like hornady does I think you would see significant sales in certain key calibre's.

Thank you for for your time,
Gary

Thanks again for all the feedback. I just wanted to confirm that I am still paying attention to this thread.

We've already got the wheels turning on 500 pack for hunting bullets and with the launch of Bullet Proof Samples I am pleased that we can address so many of these suggestions.

Regards,
Eric

What do competition shooters do? I usually shoot 700-1000/ yr in f class. Do y'all have a 1k batch or is there any way to order large #'s and be guaranteed the same lot?

Do y'all have a 1k batch or is there any way to order large #'s and be guaranteed the same lot?

The only way we can "guarantee" that you get the same lot is if you order directly from us. When we put together a reseller's order our shipping department is under instruction to send all from one lot even if they have to go to the next numbered lot (up to a certain amount).

We work hard not to ship mixed lots because we know how important this is to shooters. We never ship a mixed lot to an individual shooter and rarely will ship more than one lot to a reseller. Some resellers order so many that we can't satisfy the order without using more than one lot.

Once the bullets arrive at the resellers location I can't speak for how they control their inventory to address lots. It's been my experience that this is a sore spot for some resellers.

The competition shooters typically order larger quantities at one time from the resellers. Even though the bullets come in 100 count boxes all of our boxes have the lot number on the same side as the descriptive information so it is quick and easy to see. We do this so the resellers can satisfy this request easily if they are set up to do so.

For clarification purposes, we do have several Target bullets that we pack in 500 and 1,000 count. After all the feedback from this thread we will be putting the more popular Hunting bullets in these larger quantities as well.

Regards,
Eric

Last edited:
100 minimum, Eric. Wouldn't mind 500 pack (discount of course! lol). I practice a LOT w/ the bullets I hunt with before an actual hunt. I also shoot competition and would like to see 500 count as well. Thanks for making such a wonderful product.

I tend to lean pretty much opposite of the above opinions. I wish Berger would offer an option of 500 per box. I've seen enough variance in different lot numbers that I don't care if they sit on my shelf for a while as long as I don't have to reinvent the wheel ever time I go to buy bullets.

If that isn't practical I will always buy boxes of 100.

amen to the 500 box.

can we get them in 1000?? please please please

While I don't post as often as I used to, I do pop in and take a look once in a while.

That said, like most of what I read I prefer bullets in packs of 100, as it give me a chance to work up load and have some left over to try out on critters.

I once was a stanch supporter of Nosler, and while they DO still make a good bullet, once they merged with Federal and cut their count back to 50, their reasoning was that it put more on the shelves for more people. This was total hogwash as every dealer in my area was back ordered even with the 50 count boxes.

While I don't have many calibers that will actually benifit form your product, the couple I DO shoot them in I like to have one nice full box of 100 sitting there at the ready over several boxes of 50, which like also mentioned mihgt be from separate lots.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.