Berger 156 EOL 6.5 fail?

Checking tips on bullets that will be loaded to take game is perfectly acceptable to me. No different than sorting bullets or brass or anything else we do to have the best and most accurate ammunition available.

Yet installing the tips on a Hammer bullet is acceptable? Hmm....

Checking tips on bullets that will be loaded to take game is perfectly acceptable to me. No different than sorting bullets or brass or anything else we do to have the best and most accurate ammunition available.

Yet installing the tips on a Hammer bullet is acceptable? Hmm....

Installing a tip on Hammers' is an option……for slightly higher BC!

Remodeling the Berger is to help assure proper performance!

It's another "apples to oranges" comparison! memtb

Wonder if my LRHT need the same?
I don't know if they NEED it per sé but I'm anxious to try these out.

IMG_3868.jpeg
IMG_3869.jpeg

Installing a tip on Hammers' is an option……for slightly higher BC!

Remodeling the Berger is to help assure proper performance!

It's another "apples to oranges" comparison! memtb
I do not drill tips or do anything to a Berger, when I am going to hunt, I simply take a quick glance at the tips and pick out 5, 10, 20 or whatever I want/need and go hunting. In fact, 99% of them I would hunt with without question.

Your right, it is "apples to oranges" as if I want to hunt with the new tipped Hammer, I have to install 100% of the tips. So I'm not sure what you are trying to prove.

At any rate, have a great evening Sir!

In my opinion…… Bergers are not THE optimal hunting bullet. Far too many compromises to make them optimal. Good yes…. Within limits.

I don't believe the design lineage comes from a hunting bullet design originally. Merely altered for hunting use.

Times are different today with bullet manufacturers designing Hunting bullets, designed as such with focus on terminal performance as a priority & ballistic performance secondary with little to no compromises for use.

There is a less compromising bullet design out there that is a better Hunting bullet. Just gotta do some research & know the terminal performance mechanism of how a
Hunting bullet performs.

Is there a Perfect Hunting Bullet?……maybe not,
But there's some manufacturers addressing the challenges & others who are not.

YMMV.

Last edited:
In my opinion…… Bergers are not the optimal hunting bullet. Far too many compromises to make them effective.

I don't believe the design lineage comes from a hunting bullet design originally. Merely altered for hunting use.

Times are different today with bullet manufacturers designing Hunting bullets, designed as such with terminal performance as a priority & ballistic performance secondary with little to no compromises for use.

There is a less compromising bullet design out there that is a better Hunting bullet. Just gotta do some research & know the mechanism of how a Hunting bullet performs.

YMMV.
What compromises are there with Bergers?

Times are different today with bullet manufacturers designing Hunting bullets, designed as such with terminal performance as a priority & ballistic performance secondary with little to no compromises for use.

Which bullet is suitable as a long range bullet that is more reliable than a proper Berger?

What compromises are there with Bergers?

Which bullet is suitable as a long range bullet that is more reliable than a proper Berger?
Do your research boys, I do my own.
Not aiming to discourage one from using a particular bullet, & not promoting specific bullet
Manufacturers. Just encouraging people to
Know and learn bullet performance design & limitations & use what works best for YOU.

YMMV.

Last edited:
Do your research boys, I do my own.
YMMV.
I've done my research. We're over 20 now killed with Bergers and I'm not seeing where I have to compromise at all. The only compromise I see is using a high speed cartridge at close range while trying to stay off a shoulder. I have all short barrels with suppressors so I'm not in that category.

Recent Posts