6.5 156 EOL

I have 156's and a new unfired 264WM in a Rem Sendero but it's factory and has a lots less twist. Its been hiding in a case next to its big brother 300RUM same identical gun. Probably just enough twist for the 140s or the 135s on the factory barrel. I will be saving the 156 I guess for a few years till the barrel is toast or I decide to change it. I think a 7.5 twist will be good or I have seen 7 twist also. That is some damage on those lopes. I shot a mule deer this year with a 7mm-08 and 168ABLT. Very small going in but about 1.5 inch exit hole. 40yrds and dirt. Now that was only at about 70yrds away. Probably not get the same expansion at that distance with the ABLRs even though they are supposed to expand pretty good down to around 1500fps. They say 1300fps on the box but gel test shows little expansion at 1300fps. Nice shooting on those lopes. Hope its some good eating also.

Yup, I am jumping .065", but these bullets just don't seem to care. I tried .020", .050", and .065" off, and all of them shoot under half MOA. If I played with them, I may be able to get them to stay in the .2's, but they range from .2"-.4" at 100, and I can run them in my ARC AICS mags.

Once I rebarrel this rifle, I'm going to throat it longer than SAAMI (about .085" longer) and install a bainey 3.1" box in it, get a different stock and run this as a BDL and get a little more out of it. This stock will be donated to a 22-250 AI varmint build that is currently on the back burner
Ive got a 5 year old that's pretty anxious about going antelope hunting so the first buck we see is going to be in trouble

Recent Posts