Bergara Wilderness Terrain B14 300 WIN MAG

I have a couple buddies with Christensen Mesas, their cheaper ones. They both like them a lot. One a 28 Nosler and the other a 300 WM, both shoot handloads from my bench though. They're not too light but they're not too heavy either. One thing I noticed is that there seems to be early pressure signs with the 28 Nosler when shooting factory ammo. The 300 WM is chewing up brass, but I think it's being over sized which is causing premature case head separation, luckily no catastrophic failures as I've made sure he's sorting out anything that's even close. Just another option for you with my observations.
Christensen is known to have issues with their chambers especially in the magnums. I haven't heard of anyone not getting taken care of when they have issues though.

Christensen is known to have issues with their chambers especially in the magnums. I haven't heard of anyone not getting taken care of when they have issues though.
Yeah, my buddy with the 28 Nosler called them and talked to them and they told him it was just a tight chamber and didn't seem to do anything about it. I wasn't on the phone so that's just second hand information, and I don't know exactly what was said on either end. I haven't measured any brass before or after firing so I can't make any real observations about it.

All you guys that are worried about recoil/weight and don't like muzzle brakes… why aren't you hunting suppressed?!
It's not as effective as a big brake, but it sure takes the sting off, changes a Jakie Chan punch into a slow shove.
I'm at the point where if I can't shoot it suppressed, I'd rather not shoot it.
Some of us don't feel like begging the gov't for permission to own one or want them to have a list of what we own.

I'm happy things worked out for you! Great to here! I'm now looking for recommendations for a new rifle in 7mm Mag?
I've been really impressed and pleased with my Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon Speed. I bought it new a number of years ago for under $900 at Sportsman's Whorehouse. It's light and the felt recoil is really not bad at all. Much better on the shoulder than my Mauser .280AI so I guess Browning's radial brake and stock work...

It's a shooter. Loves 160gr partitions- my primary hunting load.

Ag9Jww3.jpg

Ironically I sold a Tikka laminated 7mm-mag and bought the Browning. I couldn't get that Tikka to shoot ANYTHING worth a ****. When I bought the Browning I had some Federal factory 160gr Nosler partition rounds and started barrel break in- this was my first rounds getting it broke in and scope dialed.

pOp53Ko.jpg

Some people poo-poo on Browning, and that's fine- but I sure like mine!!

Last edited:
I've been really impressed and pleased with my Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon Speed. I bought it new a number of years ago for under $900 at Sportsman's Whorehouse. It's light and the felt recoil is really not bad at all. Much better on the shoulder than my Mauser .280AI so I guess Browning's radial brake and stock work...

It's a shooter. Loves 160gr partitions- my primary hunting load.

Ag9Jww3.jpg
Just don't ever shoot it prone in the dirt or snow especially if you're shooting into the wind.