Bergara Wilderness Terrain B14 300 WIN MAG

Don't know if you consider .308 larger, but. . . I have an older Tikka bull barrel cheap stock bolt that has been a good "up the tree don't worry about it" rifle from 15 years ago. Still scarred tack driving .8in hunter.
Thank you. I'm going to try a new rifle again. Looking for a company that has a quality rifle and more importantly a warranty department that actually stands behind their product!

I had a Ridge in 300WM. I ended up replacing the stock with a KRG Bravo cause the accuracy wasn't there with the factory stock. I then tried working up a load with the 195gr eldm and the 225 eldm it wouldn't shoot either under MOA. That being said it shot 150 gr Hornady Whitetail around 1/4 moa but I wanted a long range hunting rig shooting heavy bullets so I ended up selling it. I then purchased (and still have cause it won't sell) a Premier HMR Pro in 300PRC. It shot around 3/4 MOA with factory Hornady match after their break in procedure. I then cleaned the paint off the bedding blocks and tested the torque on the action screws and found out 65 ftlbs of torque got me just a hair below 1/2 MOA. Their guns will shoot you just have to put work into them.

I have since bought a seekins Bravo in 6.5 PRC and absolutely love it. The first group I got was 1/4 MOA with factory Hornady match ammo and it hasn't changed since. Hands down the best "factory" rifle I've ever owned.

They replaced a complete rifle for me that didn't meet there accuracy standard. The issue is that the new rifle doesn't either. I sent it back again and they sent me a pic of a target. 3 shots .9x" at 100 yards. I've had loaded for it and still yet to find a load that will consistently shoot sub moa 3 shot groups. The fit and finish is quite nice but I will definitely it be buying another bergara. Too many accuracy issues reviews. I thought I had a load dialed in and it ended up falling apart. This barrel is strange. It's almost like it will shoot good with 20 rounds down it but once you get to 30-40 it goes to crap haha. It's strange. I'm still not given up yet because my other option is a rebarrel and that's spendy. It's a 30-06 and all I really want is a good consistent moa rifle. If i rebarrel it will become a 280ai with a bartlein and my accuracy standard will increase. I'm not ready to throwing $800 at it though.
Same thing on a 7-08, shot great till about round 40 then had to scrub out the copper. Start over. Six or eight fouling shot then its was great for about two boxes of cartridges. It has a new owner and fore warning of the problem. He only hunts with it so he's happy. May hurt five or six years between cleaning.

I shoot a 300 WSM.in a cheap TIKKA..... it,s accuracy and weight are the reason I carry it....after a careful site in years ago.....And establishment of a drop sheet.. I shoot it about 2-5 times a year.2-3 shots to dirty bore. and 1 shot hunting.
I,ve killed elk,deer and moose all DIY.....
I like custom rifles but ended up winning a Tikka in 7 MM. Shoots around an inch and is one of my lightest rifles. Well worth it!

300wm load 120-123.jpg300 win mag load.pngThe 4 shot group was # 4-7 rounds down new Hmr and the other 3 shot group is 120-123. Best $850.00 gun I got!

Bought a b14 WT fires 160 rnds before I figured out that the muzzle brake only had .008 clearance they spec is .030 min. If you wish to still reach out to bergara I have the service manager contact info. He took very good care of me the muzzle brake correction fixed my issue.

All you guys that are worried about recoil/weight and don't like muzzle brakes… why aren't you hunting suppressed?!
It's not as effective as a big brake, but it sure takes the sting off, changes a Jakie Chan punch into a slow shove.
I'm at the point where if I can't shoot it suppressed, I'd rather not shoot it.

Bought a b14 WT fires 160 rnds before I figured out that the muzzle brake only had .008 clearance they spec is .030 min. If you wish to still reach out to bergara I have the service manager contact info. He took very good care of me the muzzle brake correction fixed my issue.
They don't return phone calls or emails!

Can't speak to their warranty support in CA but Bergarra are good folks with a long track record for taking care of their customers.

Be polite, patient, and persistent and odds are you'll have an ideal outcome and certainly a better outcome than if you don't.

If it were me I'd call and write the warranty service people first asking for an update and if that fails forward the information to Bergarra and have them get some answers and call you back.
You can only be just so patient, when they produce a turd, they should expedite making it right !

Scott, I am interested in your issues as I was looking at this rifle in 300 win mag, in an HMR or HMR wilderness have an HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor that shoots well. I am surprised Bergara did not contact you. I am glad you received a refund.

I have a couple buddies with Christensen Mesas, their cheaper ones. They both like them a lot. One a 28 Nosler and the other a 300 WM, both shoot handloads from my bench though. They're not too light but they're not too heavy either. One thing I noticed is that there seems to be early pressure signs with the 28 Nosler when shooting factory ammo. The 300 WM is chewing up brass, but I think it's being over sized which is causing premature case head separation, luckily no catastrophic failures as I've made sure he's sorting out anything that's even close. Just another option for you with my observations.