Any one shooting Bergara b14 hmr rifled

Lots of people are shooting this gun, its a great gun for the money. You should be able to do a search and find many threads. I have it in 6.5 CM its awesome.

Bergara does not list 6 mm Creedmoor in any of the B14 lineup's. If you have 700 Cabela points to use, that will be the best place to purchase a 6.5 Creedmoor. I ordered a B14 HMR Left hand version last week from TSS warehouse, they have the best prices I can find online, just waiting for it to ship to my FFL holder. See webpage if you are interested.

I have a friends Bergara B 14 HMR 6mm Creed in my safe right now, helping him develop a load for it. I am impressed with the rifle, one aft we shot 3- 1 1/4" groups at 500 yards, 105 hybrid, RL 16, 210M, all from once fired Peterson brass recovered from a case of Prime ammo. I think we can tighten things up some, and have been in a holding pattern, nice days to test are not plentiful this winter here.
The action is smooth, trigger is decent, stock's pistol grip is narrow for me, but is comfy, just a well made rifle. I borescoped the barrel too, nice! One thing that did baffle me and it is not a problem, the barrel took forever to break in and in all, I think we saw a 200fps increase, using the Prime ammo as the baseline(same lot).
I cannot help with the cabela's dilemma, or whether Bergara still makes these, but there is a couple on Gunbroker if there is a sense of urgency to procure one. Good luck!

Last edited:
I forgot to mention, I have the Bergara B14 HMR in my safe that I have purchased for my Grandson HS graduation in 7mm Rem Mag. I have not shot this rifle, but have scoped the barrel, very clean riflings, no chatter marks, the bolt is very smooth, especially for a factory rifle, the trigger breaks clean like glass on this rifle measured at 2.5 lbs three times in a row and this is from factory, I have not messed with it. The stock is very nice, the barrel is floated perfectly, very solid, you cannot, in my opinion, find a better built factory rifle. I own a custom built 28 Nosler with a Stiller action, jewel trigger, McMillan stock and comparing the two by looks build and feel, the Bergara B14 HMR is fairly close, the difference is the Stiller action is smoother than Bergara. The proof will be when I finish adding him a scope and break it in for him to see how it shoots. I was so impressed, I ordered the 6.5 Creedmoor for myself the following week.

My Son just picked up one in 6.5PRC. Very clean looking rifle. Trigger measured at 2.1 and with Hornady match 147"s He got a few groups at 1/2moa and one at .435. During cleaning it seemed really fouled after 40 rounds so I guess it will take some breaking in.

My Son just picked up one in 6.5PRC. Very clean looking rifle. Trigger measured at 2.1 and with Hornady match 147"s He got a few groups at 1/2moa and one at .435. During cleaning it seemed really fouled after 40 rounds so I guess it will take some breaking in.
Did you follow Bergara break in method? Just curious to see if you noticed any difference after break in.

Can't speak to the B-14 action. I bought a Premier HMR Pro in 6.5 PRC and couldn't be happier. In my opinion, Bergara is building what the Remington 700 should be had Remington invested seriously in product improvement. I would happily buy another Bergara.

I have one in 300.

Wonderful shooter. I bought the 215 and 230 berger ammo and Hornady PH to give it a shot and it shoots all of them under an inch. This gun will do better I'm sure once I get around to working up a load for it. I've shot the Berger loads out to 700 so far with zero issues. Its a heavy bastard though!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.