Bergara HMR wilderness in 300 prc pour grouping

Quick question for everyone.. I'm shooting sub moa with my b-14 with hand loads.. 0.45",0.50" at 100 yards with hornady brass..the wife picked me up 4 boxes of new Lapua brass for my birthdays so I thought I would try some.. took out 50 brass and did my normal brass prep.. same load "78.7gr retumbo, Fed210, 220 eld-x" .. whent to the range last night and was not impressed.. after 5 hrs of shooting all the new bass reloads where shooting 4"-5" groups @100 yards and the hornady loads where 0.48".. did anyone elts have this situation before?

Lapua brass is one of the best available. all the things I can think of would not improve your groups by tenfold. Most of my guns do prefer once fired over new brass, to achieve a slightly tighter fit and centering of the brass in the chamber. However, that usually is only a very small improvement. There will be a slight case volume difference and/or neck tension with different brands also, but I can't imagine a tenfold difference in accuracy. Sorry I can't help.

Quick question for everyone.. I'm shooting sub moa with my b-14 with hand loads.. 0.45",0.50" at 100 yards with hornady brass..the wife picked me up 4 boxes of new Lapua brass for my birthdays so I thought I would try some.. took out 50 brass and did my normal brass prep.. same load "78.7gr retumbo, Fed210, 220 eld-x" .. whent to the range last night and was not impressed.. after 5 hrs of shooting all the new bass reloads where shooting 4"-5" groups @100 yards and the hornady loads where 0.48".. did anyone elts have this situation before?
I would be surprised if the same powder charge worked best with different brands of brass, and you should always work up to check for pressure when changing brands, or even lots within the same brand, to make sure it is safe.

That said, I wouldnt expect a 3/4" rifle to turn into a 5 MOA rifle either.

Sometimes, .300 Magnums can be hard to shoot, DUE to, Recoil with Heavy Bullets ( anticipation and "hunching of, shoulder" ) and NOT having, a "Clear" FOCUSED Mind, to obtain,.. a GOOD Trigger squeeze/ Sight Picture AND Hence WHY, I don't own, a .338 WM or, 300 Magnum, anymore !
1) Ditch the Lead Sled !
2) Bed the Rifle's action and 1.5 to 2 inches in front of Recoil Lug, then, Freefloat the balance of, Barrel.
3) Clean Barrel, thoroughly of Carbon / Copper and "Work up" Loads carefully, in Lapua Brass ( Play with, SEAT Depth, AFTER, Top SAFE Velocity is, found ).
4) check Brake to see IF,.. the Bullets "strike" it.
5) Get a GOOD Trigger !
6) IF all, the above "Fails",.. sell it and BUY a Tikka, in a Caliber that YOU "can" shoot,.. "comfortably" !
AGREE with, Joefrazell,.. sounds like you Played, "Roulette" with, a Bergara !

Get someone else to shoot it without the sled, try it yourself without the sled
Bergara has an accuracy guarantee, return if it won't shoot.
It's possible your lead sled broke your rifle scope from the halted recoil, might want to try a different scope first