Barrel Fluting that doesn’t whistle????

Hey guys-

Anyone have a flutted barrel that doesn't whistle in the wind. I have only had one flutted barrel and heavily flutted at that. It is amazingly noisy in the wind. I love heavy barrels but am trying to reduce weight. I was looking at the proof barrels but they don't make 338 barrels shorter than 24" so I was looking at flutting a heavy barrel but really don't like the noise especially when hunting. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

Sorry, fluted or not, it will whistle dixie in Montana winds. This is me antelope hunting in 2015 ...

Hi-

Many a good point has been brought up. Really the noise drives me crazy listening to it when I am hiking all day. I am a little OCD with eliminating pack noises,etc. so this is really just that, getting rid of one more irritating noise. I will try to record it next time I am out although I am hoping it doesn't blow real bad moose hunting next week.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.