Banish brand suppressor?

I don't see how 26 Nosler is going to be harder on a suppressor than a 300 Weatherby Magnum. The 300 Weatherby puts out around 4,000 ft/lbs of energy and holds over 100 grains of powder. The Nosler 26 is 3,000 ft/lbs with around 90 grains.

Smaller endcaps make a difference according to this:

Do you have links to test that prove otherwise?

I went into SC on 9-1-20 did everything inhouse and paid for it also, was told ATF would have the paper work within 10-14 days, but when I called ATF 2 months later they did not receive it till 10-4-20. now as of 1-5-21 was told by ATF it was still pending and had not been assigned yet and would be about 7 months total time to get a stamp, so hopefully I will get it in April 21

I went into SC on 9-1-20 did everything inhouse and paid for it also, was told ATF would have the paper work within 10-14 days, but when I called ATF 2 months later they did not receive it till 10-4-20. now as of 1-5-21 was told by ATF it was still pending and had not been assigned yet and would be about 7 months total time to get a stamp, so hopefully I will get it in April 21
Sounds about right! I know sometimes if they are waiting for stock it delays submission a bit, I had one that took a couple months to be submitted. I have one in jail too, hopefully should clear soon. I have been averaging about 8 months., maybe a little less. I have only called ATF once when I had a few in jail, I don't even check anymore, I just wait for them to email that stamp is in. I always drive there to pick them up, I worry the mail system will mess up and I will have to wait again.

I don't see how 26 Nosler is going to be harder on a suppressor than a 300 Weatherby Magnum. The 300 Weatherby puts out around 4,000 ft/lbs of energy and holds over 100 grains of powder. The Nosler 26 is 3,000 ft/lbs with around 90 grains.

Smaller endcaps make a difference according to this:

Do you have links to test that prove otherwise?

I think a lot of that rating goes into the muzzle pressure created. That's why most will give a minimum barrel length.

SDplinker, my can was in stock at the time I paid for it , so no waiting for stock to come in. I am the same way and will drive to pick it up when cleared even though it is over 100 miles each way good luck

Awesome chicken and dumplings, as well as everything else. You guys are making me hungry. Was just in Sioux Falls Tuesday but was tight on time, looking like a weekend Cracker Barrel trip coming on!

finally thinking about starting the process fairly soon on my first suppressor. Any thoughts on the Banish from Silencer Central (formerly Dakota Silencer)? It's a big chunk of money to spend on a tin can but I'd like one for use from 22-30cal and this one fits the bill. Plus you can buy end caps with smaller bores to help out. Also open to other brands as well. Thanks!
I have 3 of these (varminter 3.0x2 and Varmiter 4.0)and are good quality and are pretty serviceable. Mack Brothers are outstanding guys, they will answer the phone when you call and work through any issues. The only thing I will say is that the tolerance they thread to is not very tight, my builder threaded to near exacting tolerances for 5/8x24 and the suppressor would not bottom out. After conversations with Mack Bros and checking threads with a go-no-go gauge we lapped my threads and it bottom out as designed. It is a picky thing but just a heads up that is your builder/gunsmith is a perfectionist you may have issues.

Dakota Silencer/Silencer Central makes it easy to order but I believe they have grown so much their customer service has not kept up. I will not run someone's business through the dirt behind their back because when I spoke with Brandon all issues resolved quickly. Not all of his employees are equal to him is all; like most business the owner takes a lot more pride than its employee. I continue to buy from them just do not set your expectations too high. Enjoy your suppressor(s) when you get them!

picked it up on 3-29 but did not know they had moved, it would have been nice if the guy I spoke to the week before had let me know and saved driving to the original shop, the new place was closer but it will be nice for them to have every thing in one place, wished they would have given me a shirt boxes sitting on the floor, very happy about how quiet it is

picked it up on 3-29 but did not know they had moved, it would have been nice if the guy I spoke to the week before had let me know and saved driving to the original shop, the new place was closer but it will be nice for them to have every thing in one place, wished they would have given me a shirt boxes sitting on the floor, very happy about how quiet it is
You did not get a shirt?

Recent Posts