How accurate are Banish suppressors?

KY_Windage

Here is the rifle, my Rem 700 .204:

We set up the electronic target at 600 yards yesterday, at the 1000-yard range near Talkeetna.

Shot 12 rounds of 32-gr. V-Max. The X-ring is 3" and the 10-ring is 6". I don't have any complaints whatsoever about the accuracy of my Banish 223 suppressor. (I'm just a customer, no affiliation with Banish or anyone affiliated with them.

Who would have thot that 32-gr. bullets would shoot that accurately at 600 yards, in breezy conditions, regardless of what is on the end of the barrel? This was the first time I shot an electronic target, but they are extremely cool! They show you real-time on a laptop where your bullets are hitting, plus give you velocity of each bullet (at the target, of course), standard deviation, etc. This is a photo of the laptop, on the shooting bench. There are sensors on the target frame that radio the data to the laptop. Takes about 10 seconds to get it. Sure beats trying to see holes or marks at 600 yards!

Last edited:
Glad to hear! I have been really curious about the Banish suppressors and everything I have read has been really positive. I may have to finally pull the trigger on one

I caught a no-breeze day a couple of months ago and with that same rifle and suppressor I shot these groups at 100 yds.

My buddies and I always have a longest distance contest on p-dogs, but it has to be a clean (DRT) kill and it has to be the first shot in that area (no walking your shots in on one and then moving over 20' and hitting another). This guy won last year by standing up at 504 yds and facing me long enough for me to check my table for 500 yds (said 7 moa), crank up and let one rip. Same Banish on my Cooper 204:

Banish says to clean every 100 rounds and I admit that cleaning that often is a bit of a pain. But I do see an enlargement in my groups if I go more than a few hundred rounds without cleaning, so it is worth it to me to do the cleaning. The boiling vinegar out on the deck does most of the cleaning work anyway.

To ensure repeatability I am careful to re-assemble exactly the same way every time. I line up the ears that lock the baffles together with a certain line of writing on the outside of the tube. The whole stack rotates a bit when I do the final tightening of the end-cap, but it rotates the same every time. Anyway my scope zero does not change no matter how many times I take the Banish apart and put it back on. I don't know that orienting the stack the same every time actually makes any difference. It just makes sense and only adds about 2 seconds to the re-assembly time, so why not?

It is very difficult to figure out "which suppressor is the most accurate," because even if you shoot with the same rifle, ammo, rest, shooter, etc., you still have a "tuner effect" just from the weight addition. And, if you have ever played with a tuner you know that one can improve the accuracy of a barrel, but it can also make it worse, depending on what you dial it to, and the differences are huge. Unless the compared suppressors weighed and balanced exactly the same, you really could not tell.

But, if I thought there was a suppressor out there that was more accurate than the Banish, I would own it.

Last edited:
Experimented with some new loads today, but they were a flop. Went back to the old tried-n-true and finished the day with this 5-shot group at 100 yds that measured .247".

Banish rocks.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts