Banish brand suppressor?

LOL, OK. I sent a rifle in to have the bbl threaded. Done. Sent back with no notice. It sat out on my porch in plain sight for everyone to see till I got home late afternoon, could have been home had I known it was coming. Sent a bbl in to be threaded. Had to send it back because nothing would thread on to it. Both times "Gee, that's never happened before". Ordered an Elite Iron Sierra 338 from them. Wasn't told it wasn't in stock. Yeah, my bad, didn't ask. Called a week later to get a serial #, "we expected them yesterday, should be here today". Called a week later, same story. Nobody in the office ever answered the phone, always someone "just in here helping out for a couple of days". Anytime that they sent me to someone who was supposed to be able to help me, I got an answering machine, and no one would return my call. Finally got someone a month later who finally admitted that they were in contract negotiations with Elite Iron and didn't know when that would be resolved. If they would have told me that at the first I could have accepted it, may not have liked it, but could have accepted it. Got my serial # 3 1/2 months after I ordered it. So now my "ATTITUDE" is "anybody else...anybody but SC". With a smile!

I think the Mack brothers who build the suppressors are top notch and I give Dakota/Silencer Central credit for staying local with them. I like Brandon and he has always been honest with me in all transactions, he also does a lot for the sport and the gun market in general. Obviously he benefits from this also.
That all said, customer service is lacking, I have gone through the same experience Coyotewillie mentioned above multiple times, lack of communication on their side and not truthful with arrival and delivery time frames. My personal opinion is that they are too concerned with building an empire and their brand rather than concentrating on taking care of their problems that are looming and customers. The wait times and delays from the ATF paperwork is not their issue, but the weeks/days after it is approved is. Like any business there are positive and negative experiences, but I have had repeat issues as I am not a 1,2 or even 3 time return customer to them. I have future purchases I will make, it just may not be with Dakota.

I think the Mack brothers who build the suppressors are top notch and I give Dakota/Silencer Central credit for staying local with them. I like Brandon and he has always been honest with me in all transactions, he also does a lot for the sport and the gun market in general. Obviously he benefits from this also.
That all said, customer service is lacking, I have gone through the same experience Coyotewillie mentioned above multiple times, lack of communication on their side and not truthful with arrival and delivery time frames. My personal opinion is that they are too concerned with building an empire and their brand rather than concentrating on taking care of their problems that are looming and customers. The wait times and delays from the ATF paperwork is not their issue, but the weeks/days after it is approved is. Like any business there are positive and negative experiences, but I have had repeat issues as I am not a 1,2 or even 3 time return customer to them. I have future purchases I will make, it just may not be with Dakota.
I just checked my stamp and it was signed by ATF March 31st and SC contacted me April 27th. less than 30 days to get from ATF to SC, who knows? I guess I am fortunate or too patient! I have only contacted ATF once, and that was to see how it all worked. I can tell a difference in their customer service since my first purchase upstairs at their building, I think it was Brandon and 2 others. Still have no complaints other than made in China covers. I mentioned to them that there were a couple guys that were speaking negatively on here, thinking they may reach out? I will speak with Brandon next time I see him, they are at quite a few functions in my area including my FFL whom I value greatly.
I cannot help but think it is just a difference in perception! I have had a few thousand dollars payed months ahead with a good member of this site, never contacted him once to ask "where are my things". I trust him and that he sends things when he gets them. Everything in this world is jacked up and is not going to get better for awhile. I would rather not be part of the problem, but part of the solution?

I always try to purchase from members on this site and my FFL. If that fails then I look at other venues. I have purchased many things on here that were the same price as a brick and mortar shop but believe maybe someday the help will come back. I have listed many firearms here first only later to have my FFL buy them, I have listed brand new things less than brick and mortar only to be offered almost half and then wants to argue with me. And in the end, I still believe that most folks are good!

I recommend the TBAC ultra line , get the longest one you're willing to put up with and enjoy.

TBAC is the gold standard, period . Banish might be out of business before your form 4 clears . Suppressor companies come and go , do a search on Leviathan suppressors .

Long live Remmy700
Well, it's Dec 2021 and Banish/ Silencer Central is still in business.

Ordered all my stuff through Dakota silencer aka silencer central. Including my ThunderBeast 7". Also have the varmiter 3.0. Both are great and have nothing but an awesome experience with them. When I told them I was looking at a Thunderbeast there was 0 pressure to buy one of their cans and for me that says a lot. I called and said I wanted to order a tbac 7" 30 cal and the response I got was I'll call u when it shows up. 2 thumbs up from my experience!

well yesterday went in to SC to make my second suppressor purchase and Ryan took care of me. I was very surprised at how fast it was, expecting it to take some time but with all my info in their system just a few signatures and was done. while we were talking I told him that I was driving to Sturgis this week for Mack Bros to get my can apart and he said bring it in and they will do it.told him Adam said to get a couple of strap wrenches and if that did not work then it will be a one piece unit. Ryan said new guy just give it to us that is what we pay our gunsmith for, so today going to take it to them and also have my rifle barrel shortened up 6 inches and rethreaded for the can.so far this time very happy

I do not know if anyone remembers my post about not being able to get my Banish can apart so today walked into SC told the guy about it and was going to leave it and he walked over to a cabinet took out 2 strap wrenches and surprise it came apart with no trouble. this is the one that a buddy and i together could not get apart made me look crazy, now it is in the sonic cleaner and will be unscrewed and put together every shooting session

I do not know if anyone remembers my post about not being able to get my Banish can apart so today walked into SC told the guy about it and was going to leave it and he walked over to a cabinet took out 2 strap wrenches and surprise it came apart with no trouble. this is the one that a buddy and i together could not get apart made me look crazy, now it is in the sonic cleaner and will be unscrewed and put together every shooting session
Must be because you loosened it up for them...😉

Glad you got it worked out!

when I purchased my 2nd one last week they said the ATF said 60 days with efile but you can take that with a grain of salt, we will see. also someone here said to try vinegar to clean a suppressor so I put it in the sonic cleaner and 10 minutes later it looked new, sweet rinsed it off and dried ready to go, now just waiting for SC to get my rifle barrel done

when I purchased my 2nd one last week they said the ATF said 60 days with efile but you can take that with a grain of salt, we will see. also someone here said to try vinegar to clean a suppressor so I put it in the sonic cleaner and 10 minutes later it looked new, sweet rinsed it off and dried ready to go, now just waiting for SC to get my rifle barrel done
Waking up this old thread. How do Banish users find them for accuracy and POI shift? Still glad you bought a Banish?

My POI shift is anywhere from 2-3", depending on the rifle.

To answer your other question, I'm extremely happy with my Banish/Varminter 4.0...it's been a fantastic can for everything from rimfire to .300WM. Silencer Central, on the other hand, has been a profound disappointment on my second suppressor order. I purchased a Banish 45 on Black Friday, along with the free Banish 22K can, and it took them 93 days to process my order and get my application sent to the ATF. They were in transition to the new E-file starting just days after I placed my order, so it may have "fallen through the cracks" but communication was abysmal, and even though they hadn't sent my application off to the ATF yet, they would not convert my paper application to E-file. I understand that the wait is out of their hands once it's sent off to the ATF, but there's no excuse for 3+ months to send it off. For comparison, my first purchase through them was sent off in 5 days, and that included the creation of my legal trust.