Banish brand suppressor?

coyotewillie

LRH Team Member
LOL, OK. I sent a rifle in to have the bbl threaded. Done. Sent back with no notice. It sat out on my porch in plain sight for everyone to see till I got home late afternoon, could have been home had I known it was coming. Sent a bbl in to be threaded. Had to send it back because nothing would thread on to it. Both times "Gee, that's never happened before". Ordered an Elite Iron Sierra 338 from them. Wasn't told it wasn't in stock. Yeah, my bad, didn't ask. Called a week later to get a serial #, "we expected them yesterday, should be here today". Called a week later, same story. Nobody in the office ever answered the phone, always someone "just in here helping out for a couple of days". Anytime that they sent me to someone who was supposed to be able to help me, I got an answering machine, and no one would return my call. Finally got someone a month later who finally admitted that they were in contract negotiations with Elite Iron and didn't know when that would be resolved. If they would have told me that at the first I could have accepted it, may not have liked it, but could have accepted it. Got my serial # 3 1/2 months after I ordered it. So now my "ATTITUDE" is "anybody else...anybody but SC". With a smile!

NorthernMN

I think the Mack brothers who build the suppressors are top notch and I give Dakota/Silencer Central credit for staying local with them. I like Brandon and he has always been honest with me in all transactions, he also does a lot for the sport and the gun market in general. Obviously he benefits from this also.
That all said, customer service is lacking, I have gone through the same experience Coyotewillie mentioned above multiple times, lack of communication on their side and not truthful with arrival and delivery time frames. My personal opinion is that they are too concerned with building an empire and their brand rather than concentrating on taking care of their problems that are looming and customers. The wait times and delays from the ATF paperwork is not their issue, but the weeks/days after it is approved is. Like any business there are positive and negative experiences, but I have had repeat issues as I am not a 1,2 or even 3 time return customer to them. I have future purchases I will make, it just may not be with Dakota.

SDPlinker

LRH Team Member
I think the Mack brothers who build the suppressors are top notch and I give Dakota/Silencer Central credit for staying local with them. I like Brandon and he has always been honest with me in all transactions, he also does a lot for the sport and the gun market in general. Obviously he benefits from this also.
That all said, customer service is lacking, I have gone through the same experience Coyotewillie mentioned above multiple times, lack of communication on their side and not truthful with arrival and delivery time frames. My personal opinion is that they are too concerned with building an empire and their brand rather than concentrating on taking care of their problems that are looming and customers. The wait times and delays from the ATF paperwork is not their issue, but the weeks/days after it is approved is. Like any business there are positive and negative experiences, but I have had repeat issues as I am not a 1,2 or even 3 time return customer to them. I have future purchases I will make, it just may not be with Dakota.
I just checked my stamp and it was signed by ATF March 31st and SC contacted me April 27th. less than 30 days to get from ATF to SC, who knows? I guess I am fortunate or too patient! I have only contacted ATF once, and that was to see how it all worked. I can tell a difference in their customer service since my first purchase upstairs at their building, I think it was Brandon and 2 others. Still have no complaints other than made in China covers. I mentioned to them that there were a couple guys that were speaking negatively on here, thinking they may reach out? I will speak with Brandon next time I see him, they are at quite a few functions in my area including my FFL whom I value greatly.
I cannot help but think it is just a difference in perception! I have had a few thousand dollars payed months ahead with a good member of this site, never contacted him once to ask "where are my things". I trust him and that he sends things when he gets them. Everything in this world is jacked up and is not going to get better for awhile. I would rather not be part of the problem, but part of the solution?

I always try to purchase from members on this site and my FFL. If that fails then I look at other venues. I have purchased many things on here that were the same price as a brick and mortar shop but believe maybe someday the help will come back. I have listed many firearms here first only later to have my FFL buy them, I have listed brand new things less than brick and mortar only to be offered almost half and then wants to argue with me. And in the end, I still believe that most folks are good!