Bad lot of winchester primers

I had the same issue, contacted Winchester, they took the bad primers and replaced my bolt…
The cause of the pinhole is incorrectly annealed brass sheet, when the cups are punched, minute fracturing occurs which pinholes upon firing.
Here's some pics.

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20191030-170417_Gallery_5531.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20191030-170417_Gallery_5531.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20191030_172935.jpeg
    20191030_172935.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
I contacted Winchester a couple of years ago about some bad primers I had. They didn't offer to replace them.

Would anyone so happen to have the number for winchester to contact them for this issue? I've tried a few numbers with no luck to even speak with a human.

Had an issue with some ammo and contacted Winchester via email off there web site. Got back to me quickly and resolved the issue. Never did talk to anybody on the phone, may be a thing of the past with them.

Would anyone so happen to have the number for winchester to contact them for this issue? I've tried a few numbers with no luck to even speak with a human.
Because I am in Australia and Winchester Australia are HOPELESS, I contacted Winchester USA direct by email, the response was immediate, within an hour of them receiving the email and they organised Winchester Australia to replace my bolt, supply me with another 1,000 primers and take the faulty primer brick, as we call it here. I can tell you, Winchester Australis were not happy at all that I contacted the USA people…but I knew I would get nowhere with the donkeys at our Australian division through experience and it makes no difference that the CEO is a personal friend of mine.
Try the service centre/warranty email, that's what I did.

Cheers.

Olin Emails i have, no longer work.

PHONE 618-258-2000
Olin/ Win
600 Powder Mill Rd, East Alton, IL 62024

Last edited:
I had issues with Winchester primers I bought in 2008-2012.They always seemed to have a looser fit than other brands of primer.Sent them back to Winchester.They paid me back for the ones I turned in.I talked to a gunsmith about the bolts.He said it was cosmetic and wouldn't affect anything.He said if he cleaned up the bolt face,he would also have to set the barrel back.He said if they were his,he would leave them as is.I have bought Winchester primers after this issue.They fit tight like they should and have had zero issues since.

Recent Posts